Rosberg retires with immediate effect

JRS

JRS

Soldato
From that link:

Chatting about Rosberg’s replacement, Wolff explained that they have to consider the dynamic between Hamilton and the incoming driver.

“He has been a great pillar in the team’s success. When he came, everything changed, so he has played a role. It’s very important to keep him in a good place.,” he said.

Translation: we know Lewis has a fragile ego, and if we can't strike that delicate balance between 'potential challenger to The Messiah™' and 'complete stump' then we're hosed.

:p

Caporegime
http://www.planetf1.com/news/wolff-we-should-have-let-them-race/

Mercedes realising that they have royally screwed up. Good. That'll teach them not to give Hamilton more support.

More support? How could they not support him more? Christ he's had the best car in quite a few years and a team mate everyone thought was somewhere between bang average and terrible on here. Had he had a decent team mate you could say he would have only won one of three of those titles.

The team were vocally critical of Rosberg whenever he ****ed up. If Lewis fans really do think he's the real deal why do they cry foul on every little detail.

He got Lewis mechanics, you know those very same mechanics that they complained about the year before for giving lewis a car that broke a time or two more. Or totally ignoring that they cannot provide any evidence that any of the failures are due to stuff being bolted together incorrectly rather than something internal that they never even touch. They are mechanics bolting together components they have had no hand in assembling.

From that link:

Translation: we know Lewis has a fragile ego, and if we can't strike that delicate balance between 'potential challenger to The Messiah™' and 'complete stump' then we're hosed.

:p

Looks like they are hand picking another patsy for him. Kovalienen MK2. That's the only way to keep him happy and feeling special.

Caporegime
The BBC are reporting that Williams have refused an offer on Bottas for the seat. Interesting.

Like that's going to get refused for long.:D

Here you go cheaper engines, nah.

Here you go cheaper engines and 10m, nah

Oh and paddy no longer has to do 6 months gardening leave.

Williams will hand him over.

Soldato
10m plus lowe/merc secrets should make up for bottas, there isn't that much difference between back runners and the front end driver wise, it's not like there are any Maldonados kicking about.

Soldato
If Bottas does go, then Di Resta could be an option for Williams. Experienced, and roughly as fast as Hulkenberg, and he is already familiar with the Williams car being their reserve driver and all. Of course he's boring as hell, but Bottas wasn't exactly an entertainer.

Caporegime
If Bottas does go, then Di Resta could be an option for Williams. Experienced, and roughly as fast as Hulkenberg, and he is already familiar with the Williams car being their reserve driver and all. Of course he's boring as hell, but Bottas wasn't exactly an entertainer.

They've got to be so careful what they say and how they act now, I've stopped trying to assess drivers' charisma levels, as its impossible to say if they're boring or just had their characters press-trained out of them.

Soldato
Button won't go back to Williams, he'd already rejected them once for Massa's seat. 2 years of a McLaren contract to drive in other series and do whatever he wants is a brilliant way to retire from the sport.

Merc need to man up and just sign Pascal, he's had far more practice in F1 both testing for Merc and getting lapped in the Manor compared to Lewis when he was shoehorned into a race winning car. They still have the same risk of doing a Perez (McLaren) or Fisichella (Ferrari) by grabbing another driver, so use the driver you already have on your books!

Soldato
Button won't go back to Williams, he'd already rejected them once for Massa's seat. 2 years of a McLaren contract to drive in other series and do whatever he wants is a brilliant way to retire from the sport.

Merc need to man up and just sign Pascal, he's had far more practice in F1 both testing for Merc and getting lapped in the Manor compared to Lewis when he was shoehorned into a race winning car. They still have the same risk of doing a Perez (McLaren) or Fisichella (Ferrari) by grabbing another driver, so use the driver you already have on your books!

That's what i thought. plus he's done two new tyre tests now as well!

I'm not being funny but how much more is there to learn? He's been racing for most of his life but it just so happens the cars he races now are among the fastest. He hasn't been a liability, he hasn't been a Maldonado and i don't think he can be anymore ready to be honest... Otherwise he's just going to be hanging around for another 2 years waiting. (I'm assuming who comes in at merc will get at least a 2 year deal.)

Soldato
Sainz probably has a big team release clause in his contract. He'd be daft otherwise considering he was already looking around at other teams before signing a new contract. He was unhappy at Max being promoted over him, and now sees the RBR seats locked out until at least the end of Ricciardo's contract where he'll probably go to Ferrari ;)

Soldato
Sainz probably has a big team release clause in his contract. He'd be daft otherwise considering he was already looking around at other teams before signing a new contract. He was unhappy at Max being promoted over him, and now sees the RBR seats locked out until at least the end of Ricciardo's contract where he'll probably go to Ferrari ;)

That's if he can survive the promotions from below. Red Bull have dumped drivers before without a second glance. JEV and the other one in the same season too if i remember rightly!?

Caporegime
This will be make or break for Bottas. He came in as an exciting young driver and has beaten his team mate in every single season he's been in F1 but he's been, well, boring. He's delivered but he's not impressed. Mercedes will be his last chance to make it to the top of F1. I don't expect him to take it.

I'm surprised that Mercedes are going for him unless they just want a safe stop gap until they pick a top driver for 2018. And that seems an odd choice to me. If you're going to chance someone for a season why not chance someone who might be great?

Back
Top Bottom