roundabout time!

Associate
OP
Which supports the opinion that 3rd exit is right lane.

iTzFNtw.png

that's the wrong way :D

sign_zpsuie6ichx.png

Last edited:
Associate
2nd roundabout is The Oracle (fun times!) and youre going out towards Cemetry Junction, right?
IIRC left lane is for both Oracle parking (one near the Turtle and also Riverside)
Next lane is for Queens Road.
Therefore I'd go for the right lane as everyone should be out the way

First roundabout - right lane as its after 1200 if the roundabout was a clock. Sure that was what I was taught.

God bless Reading!!

edit: misread the arrows. post adjusted!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
2nd roundabout is The Oracle (fun times!) and youre going out towards Cemetry Junction, right?
IIRC left lane is for both Oracle parking (one near the Turtle and also Riverside)
Next lane is for Queens Road.
Therefore I'd go for the right lane as everyone should be out the way

First roundabout - right lane as its after 1200 if the roundabout was a clock. Sure that was what I was taught.

God bless Reading!!

edit: misread the arrows. post adjusted!

no i'm going up london street towards chav town (whitley :D ) to go towards uni and then lower earley (where i live) if i was going towards cemetery junction i'd avoid this round about and go down the road where panthro got dinged for speeding. :p
like i've said before i'm fine driving on the oracle roundabout but people seem to do random things on there,because they don't know where they want to

Don
I know that junction well. I drive it regularly when I'm heading to Abingdon.
In that direction, I always use the right lane and yes, had a few near misses there too.

Soldato
The first roundabout should be the right lane, but from that picture there aren't any markings on the lanes, nor entrance/exit markings on the roundabout. So it's no wonder people are getting confused/having accidents.

Associate
The Crowmarsh roundabout is a bit of an odd one. Going south, for all exits other than turning right into Crowmarsh/Wallingford, the general consensus seems to be that you have to use the left lane.

They've added a little sign below the main sign to try to clarify, but it isn't fully clear still:
https://goo.gl/maps/rbfyK

Last edited:
Associate
no i'm going up london street towards chav town (whitley :D ) to go towards uni and then lower earley (where i live) if i was going towards cemetery junction i'd avoid this round about and go down the road where panthro got dinged for speeding. :p
like i've said before i'm fine driving on the oracle roundabout but people seem to do random things on there,because they don't know where they want to

Sorry its been a while! Avoid driving into Reading as its £6.10 return on the train and Oracle car parking is like £2 for one hour! PLus its a complete ball-ache!
Also, why not go through Shinfield and/or around Black Boy to Lower Earley??

Associate
OP
Sorry its been a while! Avoid driving into Reading as its £6.10 return on the train and Oracle car parking is like £2 for one hour! PLus its a complete ball-ache!
Also, why not go through Shinfield and/or around Black Boy to Lower Earley??

i'm coming from caversham and found going past the oracle is usually quicker than using the IDR :(

Associate
Took me a good few seconds to realise the second roundabout was the Oracle! Silly considering I drove through that roundabout most days for the last couple years!

I've actually nearly made this very thread more than once after so many near misses on the Oracle roundabout, the road layout is confusing. From a birdseye view it looks like you should take the inside lane to go up Mill Lane and the majority of people seem to, but in my opinion that's wrong as it results in people changing lane at the last minute after the cross hatching which causes issues when the car in the middle lane (like the 1 series in the photos below) stick to their lane

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sn7zv21h15cSTR5q5F9iYSw!2e0

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sjueRoJBcza_Nl0f0afQHeg!2e0

Soldato
I almost slammed in to the side of a car on the second roundabout 2 weeks ago!
I took the left hand lane at the first red arrow, went middle lane with the intention of taking the right hand lane under the Oracle,waited at Red lights. Then when lights changed lady on my left went right across the front of me (I assume heading to the second red arrow) , not taking either of the Oracle lanes. No signal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom