Royal British Legion Iron Butt 1000 Ride - 7th to 9th June 2024

Well, that happened :D

Managed to get my IronButt certification.

There were ups and downs, especially when I ran out of fuel near Perth on the way into Edinburgh on the M90, around 10.30pm. The local Police kindly took me to a garage so I could get some fuel and get back on my way. I really thought had blew it at that point so helmets off to the Police for helping me out.

My butt held out till maybe the second half of the ride. Rather proud of the achievement, one of the more physically and mentally demanding things I have ever done. I know calling it "physically" demanding sounds a stretch but anyone who rides will know what I mean.

Roll on next year.

Can I tempt any of the OcUK faithful to join in? :D

Any questions, fire away.

Last edited:
Well, that happened :D

Managed to get my IronButt certification.

There were ups and downs, especially when I ran out of fuel near Perth on the way into Edinburgh on the M90, around 10.30pm. The local Police kindly took me to a garage so I could get some fuel and get back on my way. I really thought had blew it at that point so helmets off to the Police for helping me out.

My butt held out till maybe the second half of the ride. Rather proud of the achievement, one of the more physically and mentally demanding things I have ever done. I know calling it "physically" demanding sounds a stretch but anyone who rides will know what I mean.

Roll on next year.

Can I tempt any of the OcUK faithful to join in? :D

Any questions, fire away.
Well done that man :cool:

The-Hog-Ring-Auto-Upholstery-News-Motorcycle-Car-Seat.jpg

I expected worse to be honest. After a certain amount of time, you get used to the discomfort I guess. Not like you have a choice :D

From everything I had read about the seat on the CBF, especially for long miles, I expected worse considering was sat on it for 24 hours albeit with maybe 15-20 minute stops.

Any "none motorbiker" following me would have thought I was having spasms or something seeing me do all sorts of gymnastics while sat in my seat trying to get blood moving around parts of my body.

Last edited:
Wait, there is a trophy for this? I regularly do 1-1.5k km ride down to Spain in one go from Noord-Holland... I thought this was normal? :D My last ride back from Spain was 16 hours (fuel stops only) and around 1,200km, does that count?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom