Royal British Legion Iron Butt 1000 Ride - 7th to 9th June 2024

Soldato
RBLR 1000 Endurance Ride
https://rblr1000.co.uk/

Can I tempt anyone else to join?

I will probably be doing the Northern route.

Cost is £75 (£25 entry fee and £50 minimum sponsorship/donation)

Also, anyone completing the 1000 miles in less than 24 hours becomes a member of the Iron Butt Association.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcr
Soldato
"If you return to the finish within 17 hours we know you will have been speeding excessively and you will not be put forward for IBA certification." :D ;)

Looks great, not sure I want to attempt 1000 miles in 24 hours on a sportsbike though :eek:

Associate
I’d love to do it but not sure I’m physically up to it :cry:. Plus I’d have to travel down from Scotland just to start.

Soldato
I did about 450 miles on an SV650 in a day that was enough to be honest.

Pretty dangerous really, because it was September didn't set off until about 11am, more like 8pm towards the end, it was dark and drizzling for the last hour and a half maybe, not ideal riding conditions when you are mentally quite exhausted.

Man of Honour
No one getting you to do anything it's your choice same as the TT.
I suppose the difference is the TT is on a closed circuit where everyone is aware of the risks as opposed to having people on public roads who are probably well past the point of being aware enough to be riding.

Soldato
I suppose the difference is the TT is on a closed circuit where everyone is aware of the risks as opposed to having people on public roads who are probably well past the point of being aware enough to be riding.
Indeed that is the difference. I get endurance events for charity, but its mainly sport focused.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure if this is the same event maybe not but you had different grades bronze silver and gold many miles and at the end a little test, my local bike shop had a pit stop for riders during the night.

The police & fire service and such would take part riding all sorts of bikes c90s etc great laugh there was never or has been a problem just common sense is needed.

Now the rally mainly consists of BMWs with satnavs.

If you have 4 more brain cells than a deck chair you good to go.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
B0Jpu4J.jpeg

8KWKKOY.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: jcr
Associate
A lot of people think riding a motorbike is pretty stupid full stop, that is upto them, I carry on doing what makes me happy.

Just signed up.

Anyone else interested?

I'm interested. Would rather do it with somebody even if it's just for conversation. The seat on my CB1000R is a bit rough so would have to look into doing something with it. Most I've done in a day is maybe 450ish miles. Only thing that would put me off is if it's throwing it down on the day.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm interested. Would rather do it with somebody even if it's just for conversation. The seat on my CB1000R is a bit rough so would have to look into doing something with it. Most I've done in a day is maybe 450ish miles.
Most for me is about 400.

My CBF1000 seat is not that bad, but I am resigned to the idea of my ass getting destroyed

I might try a gel seat topper though.

Would be nice to ride with others, have comms maybe, especially during the later hours.

Last edited:
Associate
Most for me is about 400.

My CBF1000 seat is not that bad, but I am resigned to the idea of my ass getting destroyed

I might try a gel seat topper though.

Would be nice to ride with others, have comms maybe, especially during the later hours.

Well I'm def interested, not too sure about going north tho. I have gel inside my seat and tbh I never noticed the difference. If I do this I will probs look at geting one of those sheep skin seat throw over things. I already have comms, the Cardo Mesh thing that I can't remeber the name of atm. I may also have to book a day off.

Soldato
OP
Well I'm def interested, not too sure about going north tho. I have gel inside my seat and tbh I never noticed the difference. If I do this I will probs look at geting one of those sheep skin seat throw over things. I already have comms, the Cardo Mesh thing that I can't remeber the name of atm. I may also have to book a day off.
Those throws are supposed to be very very comfy for touring.

I only chose North route as wanted to go touring around Scotland since I got my licence so this ticked a lot of boxes for me, also less Motorway miles too I think.

Associate
Those throws are supposed to be very very comfy for touring.

I only chose North route as wanted to go touring around Scotland since I got my licence so this ticked a lot of boxes for me, also less Motorway miles too I think.

Well If I decide to do it and we both agree to meet up for the ride with hopefully some others then I don't really mind. Don't fancy the south route at all. I'm hopefully going to swap one of my weeks off round at work that week because I'm sure it's the 3rd June I go watch AD/DC at London so if I could the week off that would be bonus.

Back
Top Bottom