• Mid September

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • End September

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Early October

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Mid October

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • End October - This is my favoured time to be honest.

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • Don't care I'll turn up anyway

Votes: 40 42.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Please don't sit there telling me why I am forming an opinion on a decision, especially when you are wrongly assuming it is for my own self interests. But hey don't let facts get in the way of your super internets psychic ability.

We better stop here then because you wont change my opinion about how much of a co-incidence it is that you become hugely vocal in keeping at PS after moving 10 miles down the road from PS. You didn't even show at the last RR if I remember correctly? :p

PS have had our custom for years and do not seem to show any sort of gratitude for that and are not even prepared to move on price when its demonstrated that competitors offer better deals. I don't see the point in continuing to reward them with our custom if this the attitude they adopt.

Eurospec does not appear to be a hugely inconvenient location, it is very easily accessible from the M25, etc etc.

I probably have the longest drive to it of all people, thinking about it. PS is hugely more convenient for me - my girlfriend lives one junction further up the M5 - but it just seems the sentiment in this thread is overwhelmingly in favour of moving the event.

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;16055808 said:
We better stop here then because you wont change my opinion about how much of a co-incidence it is that you become hugely vocal in keeping at PS after moving 10 miles down the road from PS. You didn't even show at the last RR if I remember correctly? :p

You remember incorrectly then as I was there with AGW_01:p

[TW]Fox;16055808 said:
PS have had our custom for years and do not seem to show any sort of gratitude for that and are not even prepared to move on price when its demonstrated that competitors offer better deals. I don't see the point in continuing to reward them with our custom if this the attitude they adopt.

Eurospec does not appear to be a hugely inconvenient location, it is very easily accessible from the M25, etc etc.

I agree that because Powerstation are not budging on price it does seem a little ungrateful, my argument was that holding a RR 224 miles from Manchester is not a very central location, especially when Manchester isn't even that far North.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really don't see why so many people are bothered about PS's service? You're going to a RR meet, you drive on the rollers, let them drive it for a few minutes, and then you drive off with a printed graph. Followed by other members doing the same, and then heading somewhere to eat?

PS had a great rolling road setup, lots of air flow, a dedicated cell, and a massive workshop to have a nosey around. What else do you want?

Soldato
I was thinking of coming to the PS one but Eurospec is too far away for me.

Isn't there a more northern one? :(

If they decide to organise one in such a location where lots of people from the North wont attend. I will happily see if there is enough interest for a northern RR meet and organise one. :)

cheaper.

oh and free pizza too.

The massive £5 saving or whatever it is which will be offset by the extra fuel required by most people? ;) (which I am not too fussed about before Fox tries to berate me again for being selfish)

PS had a great rolling road setup, lots of air flow, a dedicated cell, and a massive workshop to have a nosey around. What else do you want?

Free pizza and a couple of quid in the back pocket it seems, which is a shame as the change of venue idea has done nothing but delay the meet.:(

Last edited:
Caporegime
The bloke who manages PS clearly isn't interested in our business, so we'll go elsewhere. It's no different to anything else in life. If it costs me another £10 in fuel that isn't an issue, or the point. The whole event takes all day, so driving another 100 miles doesn't bother me personally.

Soldato
The bloke who manages PS clearly isn't interested in our business, so we'll go elsewhere. It's no different to anything else in life. If it costs me another £10 in fuel that isn't an issue, or the point. The whole event takes all day, so driving another 100 miles doesn't bother me personally.

Extra 200 miles and 4 hours driving for me.

However you try and put it, Eurospec are Southern only.

Personally I would have it at Powerstation again for the people who have modified their cars since last time to go and its a more central location.

Book it for end of May/July time and take a deposit off people who put their names down to run so that they are more likely to attend rather than drop out at the last minute.

Otherwise go to Eurospec and we can have one in Manchester for the Northern lot so I dont have to get up at 6am to get there. :p

Man of Honour
Book it for end of May/July time

Then we end up with just the one event as we did last year, which is pretty sucky.

Early May is probably the best idea, as it gives scope for another later in the year.

We've been over all this already in this thread, quite why its now flared up again I've no idea :confused:

Why not just have a vote between the two places and pick the place that wins the vote - simple. Completely fair that way.

If PS is so amazing how come the turnout last year was beyond rubbish? There was about 10 of us!

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16058123 said:
Then we end up with just the one event as we did last year, which is pretty sucky.
I dont really mind too much, anytime in May is good for me.

But it will suck even more if nobody goes (apart from rover416i) because its too far South ;)

Soldato
Book it for end of May/July time

No don't do that, I won't be in the country!

Pretty sure April has been mostly agreed in this thread :p

I'm not fussed if we have it at PS I guess, even though it's 2 hours from me. I don't particularly want to drive any further though. It's just the whole attitude from PS that has gotten our backs up. Be good to try somewhere new, just a shame Eurospec is so far south. Somewhere around the Northamptonshire region for example is fairly central

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16058123 said:
We've been over all this already in this thread, quite why its now flared up again I've no idea

Because since we have decided to have it somewhere else this thread has moved along a pace more akin to continental drift.

[TW]Fox;16058123 said:
Why not just have a vote between the two places and pick the place that wins the vote - simple. Completely fair that way.

Seems a fair enough idea, we need someone who will organise the event though first. May be worth also seeing if people want a more northerly RR if Eurospec is the winner.

[TW]Fox;16058123 said:
If PS is so amazing how come the turnout last year was beyond rubbish? There was about 10 of us!

Probably the same reason the MM turnout sucked a few times, lack of regulars and lack of interest from new people. This could be caused by having two events a year or it could be to the lack of "interesting cars" running.

Soldato
To be fair, there are separate northern and southern meets (with no restrictions as to who can attend, obviously) so I don't see a problem in there being separate northern and southern rolling road days either. But then I'm a relative OCUK meet n00b so what do I know :D

Soldato
To be fair, there are separate northern and southern meets (with no restrictions as to who can attend, obviously) so I don't see a problem in there being separate northern and southern rolling road days either. But then I'm a relative OCUK meet n00b so what do I know :D

The RR was the only meet that people from the southern and northern meets met up. It would be a shame if this stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom