• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 2080 - Dissapointing FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Last edited:

Gee

Gee

Soldato
OP I'm pretty sure you don't need all those launch commands for PUBG now. They were a thing maybe a year ago but they're not needed now iirc.

You can keep the KoreanRating one as I know that just gives blue/green blood or whatever it is.

Soldato
Right yeah, I mean it's still a lot less than my mate with the same CPU but a 1080 Ti @ 1950mhz.

Just been playing Overwatch at 1080P, GPU was at 99% boosting up to 1965mhz. I was getting between 120 - 170fps. My friend wasn't going below 150fps at WQHD same settings.

Obviously I realise there is some close results vs the 1080 Ti, and I was expecting slightly less performance than a 1080 Ti in some applications but this is rather dire.

I don't know if there's anything wrong with the card or it's just buggy scanner, but I've ran the Auto Overclock app several times and it either comes back with 2mhz or 3mhz and that's it, which is strange.

I've noticed benchmarks with this GPU being over 200 fps in QHD, so I'm failing to see why mine as much more than below average.

I've been on the NVIDIA Control Panel, Power to Prefer Max Performance, Imagine Quality Balance, Texture Filtering Quality - Performance.
Everything else is application controlled, none of this 4k Scaling going on!

2080 and 1080ti are about the same at the moment in pubg, he may have more of a cpu overclock than you do.

Soldato

The next person who says CPU Bottleneck when the GPU is at 99/100% @ nearly 2ghz is gonna get a troll report.

I'm going to reinstall windows again and see if that makes any difference at all.

Submitting a troll report when everyone here is correct? And trying to help? Hmm...

1080p with a 2080 is just completely pointless and a waste of power.

No less than 1440p as more often than not you will be seeing identicle or a very similar fps. You can see this since the 10 series. Put the 1080Ti in your pc and I bet it will do the same.

Associate
It is a CPU bottleneck like it or not ... Unfortunalty that's not the CPUs fault, it's just what The game will take advantage off ... Even with a GPU being allowed to be utilized up to 99% it still has an impact . I have a 2700 and a 2080 and yes have that game and experience the same ... 2560 x 1080p here ... Roughly at 120avg ... You may as well rack settings to ultra as will have little impact on overall framrate .

Edit : in all honesty your testing all this on a game which let's face it far from "optimised" and due to the way the game works is seriously difficult to get an a decent avg across different machines ... The fact is you move up to 1440p your framerate is unlikely to be any worse as your GPU will still pick up the slack . the higher the RES the less the CPU is the limiting factor . use a custom res and you will see what I mean . ur system is running fine

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair you were describing the same scenario as my friend in PUBG as shown in https://youtu.be/cLFa_gzr0YQ?t=177, same fps range in 1080p with max settings in PUBG, and can see from the vid that that frame rate with a 2080 generally means CPU limited. Though I did suggest that before you said your GPU was running close to 100%.

Associate
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/29193985?

Time Spy 1.0
Score 10,541 with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080(1x) and AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Graphics Score
CPU Score

Don't see an issue with this, would put you as the second highest 2080 in the timespy thread.

Score 9961, GPU 1080 Ti @2050/3002, GFX Score 10805, CPU Score 6906, CPU 5820k@4.5

By everyone's logic I need a new cpu then.

Probably was a driver or pubg issue, either way glad you got it sorted.
Next time maybe try DDU to remove drivers before trying a fresh install, unless you tried that

Soldato
LOL at the CPU bottleneck - the OP stated their mate with the SAME CPU but with a GTX1080TI had better FPS. Hence that indicates a driver or card issue.
The 960M on my laptop has the frame rate dropped from minimum 45fps down to 40-42fps in a game after a recent driver update, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some truth in the possibility of the OP's frame rate being lower than his mate's due to using different driver version...

Associate
Numerous people have told you the problem . it is a bottleneck regardless of what figures you pull out your ass ... Just because you do not like an answer is no reasons to call people trolls . its fact ... Deal with it ... Overwatch is not the same as pubg and a higher framerate on that tittles says nothing for PUBG and its very obvious short comings for CPU until ... Even at 99% there can be CPU limits . if you still tow the line your beyond helping .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom