• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Associate
Hi there

To all the customers we have ID who are listing on ebay in attempt to scalp - your orders have been cancelled.
To all the customers who ordered one of each card - all your orders have been cancelled.

OcUK is not going to tolerate scalpers and people playing unfair.

All 3050's have vastly over-sold, more stock will arrive in February.

:cry: :D :cry:

Well done buddy - that makes me feel a bit better!

Associate
Soldato
So much for hoping this release would cause the GTX 16x0 range to drop in price. Unless there is going to be a large container ship of stock arriving soon.

Associate
Hi there

To all the customers we have ID who are listing on ebay in attempt to scalp - your orders have been cancelled.
To all the customers who ordered one of each card - all your orders have been cancelled.

OcUK is not going to tolerate scalpers and people playing unfair.

All 3050's have vastly over-sold, more stock will arrive in February.

I guess I lucked out then, by not being able to place an order for my card (from here), but able to order one for my nephew.

I am a bit reluctant to get an 3050 for myself, since its for my ITX work from home PC, so I don't really need it to be that fast. I'm just tired of wating (13 months for a gpu). Maybe I'll get a 3040 or 3050 4GB, if they come out soon.

Associate
Yup...

Then add on AIB and retailer mark up.

Given they have just re-released the 2060(?), I'd suggest its more 2060ti or better in terms of performance.

What's more interesting is when you look at the prices for non-OC vs OC models. Lots of AIBs listing $100 premiums for the OC model, Zotac even asking $150 extra (!) for the OC. It's pretty clear they are only going to launch a handful of non-OC cards to say they hit the MSRP, and use the OC model for their actual pricing.

OcUK Staff
Very confused at these selling out everywhere so fast at £300+ :o

I will be honest, it has left us a little shocked, even more so how some of the £400 models sold and to now see the cards we sold at sub £300 already over £400 in ebay auctions by scalpers.

We live in a scalping world it seems and the biggest demand is from scalpers because they are so fast.

Our order buttons were live for only 5 minutes and in that time we sold it now seems 600+ cards with prices ranging from £265.99 - £469.99 and all cards sold out and over sold.

OcUK Staff
What's more interesting is when you look at the prices for non-OC vs OC models. Lots of AIBs listing $100 premiums for the OC model, Zotac even asking $150 extra (!) for the OC. It's pretty clear they are only going to launch a handful of non-OC cards to say they hit the MSRP, and use the OC model for their actual pricing.

Correct, I suspect the none OC part makes them zero profit or maybe even a slight loss, hence shipping so few.

Caporegime
I will be honest, it has left us a little shocked, even more so how some of the £400 models sold and to now see the cards we sold at sub £300 already over £400 in ebay auctions by scalpers.

We live in a scalping world it seems and the biggest demand is from scalpers because they are so fast.

Our order buttons were live for only 5 minutes and in that time we sold it now seems 600+ cards with prices ranging from £265.99 - £469.99 and all cards sold out and over sold.

How do they even order so fast? Is it just bots and scripts? I mean, it seems things go out of stock almost instantly in some cases (like seconds). How can anyone checkout that fast?

Associate
Ok, so no link was posted to the forum, they just got released in the 6500XT section at 2pm and were all snapped up?

Where have you got that 'released in the 6500XT section' from? As far as I can tell, the 3050 had, and still has its own section on the site, and that's where the standard stock was posed.

Associate
How do they even order so fast? Is it just bots and scripts? I mean, it seems things go out of stock almost instantly in some cases (like seconds). How can anyone checkout that fast?
No idea. I managed to get one in my basket on ****** before the site crashed. They were gone by the time it reloaded.

OcUK Staff

We have no idea, but they do it. We have cancelled a lot of orders already as we won't ship the orders we ID as been on ebay auctions or anyone order one of each card.

Now imagine if we did not have those 1pc limit in action and set to UK only, probably be 6000 cards sold lol and probably 5900 orders to cancel.

Soldato
He even has the cheek to amend his description 15 minutes after creating the auction to say order is confirmed by OC, other than they will have no card to sell there is no real penalty to him sadly.

lol

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

enjoi \0/

Back
Top Bottom