• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3090 applying NVsurround : one screen goes black

After another few days of testing it looks like it is the driver or the hardware used.

I have tried 8K cables and the issue remains.
For a second pc I have bought a second hand Inno3D 3090 X3 and tried that card too : also with that card the issue of the black NVSURROUND screen exists...

I think that I will return the X4 to the store and wait another 1-2 months before buying another 3090.

Nvidia Support asked me to show the issue in a vid, which I did and then they remained silent..

Hi, something similar happend to me.

I week before i was using 3 LG OLED55C9PLA displays in NVsurround mode with a 2080Ti graphics card (3x4K @ 60Hz) 457.30 driver and ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO motherboard and now i upgraded my vga to AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3090 MASTER 24G with 457.30 driver version.

Before connecting all, i did the following: updated TVs firmware to fix g-sync problem with hdmi 2.1.
I can confirm that this worked ok because after that, i connected 1 TV at a time to vga and configured the output to 4K@120Hz, g-sync enabled and HDR enabled.
Because that worked ok, i know that my 8K cables work good too.
Gaming at that quality is INCREDIBLE (tested in WARZONE).

I choosed this card because I wanted 3 HDMI to connect vga directly to TVs (no DP-HDMI adapter between) in NVsurround mode.
When i connected 3 TVs to VGA using 3 HDMI outputs, they are detected as it should but when applying NVsurround 2 display goes black (this not happend with 2080Ti).

After that, I did a different test: connected 3 TVs to VGA using 3 Displayports (via adapter DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.0).
In this case NVsurround woks ok (but g-sync and HDR are not working because of adapters).

That make me think that it could be a driver level bug......

Saldo, how did you send a ticket to nvidia? I would like to do the same. I only posted in forum bot no response yet.

Hope this get fixed :(:(:(:(:(:(

Thank you for sharing your experience.
With my 2080 Ti NVSURROUND is working correctly too.

I have bought a second Inno3D 3090 second handed for my client pc. This was a X3, while to first one was a X4.

It shows the same issue.
I have tried with 8K DP to HDMI cables and 1 DP to HDMI (with adapter) : both cards have 1x HDMI plus 3X DP.
Cables and adapter where 8K.
Both displays are Sony Bravia 4K 43” tv’s and only have HDMI connections.

I did not try updating the displays firmware yet, so that I will try.

Yesterday I got a respond from NVidia. Unfortunately their suggestion did not work :

1.First download and install the Revo Uninstaller from here: http://www.revouninstaller.com/
There is a 30 days trial period.
2. Restart windows in Safe mode with networking
3. Once in Windows launch the Revo Uninstaller tool.
4. Uninstall all NVIDIA entries. There should be a few and they all should start with "NVIDIA....".
5. After each one you uninstall, Revo will give you option to scan for additional registry entry. Do the scan for each component and then select all the additional left-over registry entries and delete them all. This way all traces of all NVIDIA components will be removed.
6. When all NVIDIA entries have been removed, restart windows in Safe mode with networking again.
7. If windows detect new hardware and prompt to install driver then cancel if you can but if not then allow it to proceed and complete first. Restart Windows in Safe mode with networking again if prompted, otherwise proceed to next step.
8. Navigate to "C:\Program Files" and delete the entire "NVIDIA Corporation" folder if it exists.
9. Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)" and delete the entire "NVIDIA Corporation" folder if it exists.
10. Download and Run the driver from here: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/164741/en-us
11. Accept the license agreement.
12. Select the "Custom (Advanced)" option.
13. Put a checkmark in the 'Perform clean install" checkbox.
14. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the install.

For a ticket : https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/home
Make sure to open an account.

You are welcome, we are in the seek of solution =)
Dont know if your Sony Bravia TVs would need a firmware update. My LG OLED C9 (and CX) are known to show this issue and that is needed the firmware update.

Btw, it seems taht NV gived you the standar try. Ill try it too but almost sure it will not work either.
Ill post a ticket too.

Ill report here if a solution is found

Bye

Both my Sony Bravia’s have the latest firmware installed.

This afternoon I got an email from Inno3D. If the latest driver does not fix this, then according to them it is a driver issue that only Nvidia is able to solve.

Updated with new drivers 460.79 and no changes, so the issue is still present. Not posible to setup NVsurround by now

I know this didn't solve your issue nor did the prior driver, but just an FYI that with 460.79 I cannot enable NV Surround at all, without one panel turning off followed by a hard crash of my PC
457.51 is, however, working perfectly for me. So I'm almost certain this is driver related, with the latest being a pile of trash at the moment. Looks like they keep messing around with something related though

Check this!
https://youtu.be/I9SkLmQ9KDM
Time about 3:30!
Here you create a custom Resolution with in my case 7680x1440 an when the Screens are black i press Left and Enter!
I did this for all 3 Benq EX3203R and after a while black Screens and reboots each Display has a new entry with my custom resolution! :)

All my Sims, AC, ACC, Dirt 2.0, iRacing are now running in Window Mode with 7680x1440x144Hz perfect without NVidia Surround!

F1 2020 is not working because Codemasters Developer did a Job with Triple Screen implementation!!

Anyway this saved my Day although its the last day of the year

good luck for all of you with this workaround!

I switched from 2080Ti to 3090 FE and it was no more possible to activate Nvidia Surround with correct Resolution, just for your info ✌️

Hello, created an account to post this....

I had the same problem as the OP, (and then a stranger one!)
3x MSI MPG27CQ's, RTX 3090. Could not get surround working. When I set it up, only one screen would display.

My strange issue:
~~~~~~~~~~~
Running Nvidia surround caused two monitors to go black, and the resolution boxes in the surround dialogue to be empty.
A few times I was able to revert to 3 separate screens. However, on one of my attempts, something very strange happened.
Only one of the screens was working. In my fiddling, I unplugged it to swap cables between the monitors. At this point the other two monitors sprang into life!
Plug it back in...they turn off. Windows doesn't detect the two that are off. Restarted, nothing. Uninstalled monitor drivers, clean installed Nvidia drivers, nothing. Swapped cables...nothing.
Madness was setting in.

The solution to all my problems:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I went into the Nvidia control panel, and I saw that there was a 'setup multiple displays' options I hadn't noticed before. It is a 'task' on the left hand panel, under G-SYNC.
When I opened it, only one display was selected.
Selected all three... they all sprang into life.

Then...I went to configure surround.... and I turned the surround on.... and it was good.

It appears that the nvidia control panel overrides the availability of screens to the regular windows display settings dialogue.

I don't know if this will solve your issue, but I hope it does! Game happily, friends!

After getting in contact with NVidia and with BenQ the solution is simply but not logical !

Because in the BenQ Monitor Driver for EX3203R there are 4K Resolution listed also this Monitor is not a 4K Monitor and support only 2560x1440!

When enabling NVidia Surround Windows tells NVidia that there are 3x 4K Panels connected and NVidia Surround want to enable Surround setting with 11520x2160!
I never applied that because it is just not possible with my Monitors!

BUT BenQ told me that the Monitor support 4K Resolution but will downsample it by the Monitor itself.
So I have to apply this crazy and "not supported" Resolution, the screen looks awful but afterwards there is a new checkbox available with a "+" Button, click that and then its possible to add the correct Surround Resolution for my Screens 7680x1440 to the allowed list!
Now Apply, back in NVidia Surround Settings Page you can select the correct resolution, apply and done :)

But now for my Panels there is still a problem that when I apply Bezzel correction the left and right monitor go black and they simulate surround on my middle screen :) hahaha crazy ****.
BenQ is now in progress to update each of my panels because the Firmware in the Panel is too old and does not support bezzel correction correctly.

This is done by BenQ for free but will take some weeks because they change panel for panel with UPS to NL and back to AT

thats it thats all

Back
Top Bottom