• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3090 FE - Displayport ports too close for fibre connectors.

Soldato
I've just found out the hard way that the Displayport ports on my RTX 3090 FE are slightly closer together than on the 2080Ti. This should not surprise me as on the latter they were spread across both slots, but it means that I can't plug three of my fibre-optic DP cables into the card. I have to use two DP and one HDMI.

Soldato
I've just found out the hard way that the Displayport ports on my RTX 3090 FE are slightly closer together than on the 2080Ti. This should not surprise me as on the latter they were spread across both slots, but it means that I can't plug three of my fibre-optic DP cables into the card. I have to use two DP and one HDMI.

Just buy a DP Male to Female Extention Cable 30cm short one, maybe can get them shorter too if you look around. You may need three if the Fibre DP cables block the middle one to add the extention cable there, Im guessing you are using the two side DP on the card and not the middle one and the HDMI.

i4G3Twf.jpg

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Wow, how far away is your display from your pc to have to use fibre optic?

Soldato
OP
Wow, how far away is your display from your pc to have to use fibre optic?

My PC is in a cupboard in one corner of the room; my monitors are on a table in another corner. The distance is about 5m as the cables run, slightly shorter than it was before I moved things around; I use 10m cables.

Back
Top Bottom