Rubber washers for hardrive. Eclipse62

Associate
Anyone recommend some rubber washers that would fit an eclipse62 hdd rack to help silence the drive?

Edit- picked up some gromments that fit the drive cage perfect. Cant belive the difference it makes tbh, drive is now silent!

Last edited:
Suspended
MTB bicycle inner tube, use a old one and that'll do around 20+ hard drives. Cut into strips height & length of HD side,Cheap and it works. (need to put one strip in first, align screwhole up then screw through the rubber) then put in other strip and screw that in.

Soldato
squiffy said:
MTB bicycle inner tube, use a old one and that'll do around 20+ hard drives. Cut into strips height & length of HD side,Cheap and it works. (need to put one strip in first, align screwhole up then screw through the rubber) then put in other strip and screw that in.

Agreed =) works a charm

Associate
Jaap74 said:
I have the same case and am a lazy person... where can I buy some rubber mounting grommets ??

that would be hard because the akassa doesnt have round holes
on the drive cages to fit grommits, (there slanty).

i tried with taking 1s from a thermaltake tsunami but would have to drill
bigger holes so left it.

Associate
Dreamcaster said:
Anyone recommend some rubber washers that would fit an eclipse62 hdd rack to help silence the drive?

Edit- picked up some gromments that fit the drive cage perfect. Cant belive the difference it makes tbh, drive is now silent!

Hi

Where could I find the grommits you used, as im also looking for some?

Permabanned
I needed fan mounts so i got the nexus pack one comes with grommets
but i'll be using those on the dvdrw and scythe hdd 5.25 anti vibration adapters
on the hdd's.They are useless though there isnt enough room to even squeeze a grommet in there is impossible.I think the inner tube is the only way to go on this one ah well another £20 odd down the pan.

Last edited:
Associate
geff_r said:
I needed fan mounts so i got the nexus pack one comes with grommets
but i'll be using those on the dvdrw and scythe hdd 5.25 anti vibration adapters
on the hdd's.They are useless though there isnt enough room to even squeeze a grommet in there is impossible.I think the inner tube is the only way to go on this one ah well another £20 odd down the pan.

perhaps the rubber on the outside of the hdd case, where the screw heads are is enough to have an affect, rather than having rubber in between the hard drive and cage? Not sure? Anyone?

Soldato
djphatic said:
perhaps the rubber on the outside of the hdd case, where the screw heads are is enough to have an affect, rather than having rubber in between the hard drive and cage? Not sure? Anyone?

Well i added some grommets to my rig this morning and although it was a very tight fit i managed to fit both my HDD's in. Unbelievable difference in sound as those above have already said.

Back
Top Bottom