Ruddy sods law!

Associate
Berger said:
Did mine this morning, took 10-15 mins since ive not changed one before and needed to find a jack after i realised i couldnt fit under the car. Got my head under and then nearly got stuck....

Went to the bakery afterwards, got home and wondered why people were giving me funny looks, face was covered in muck :D

Car seems to be fine, doesnt seem to leak coolant so guess it was just the pressure causing it to lose some from the radiator where its got a weakness or thin spot.

Happy again, only needs to last me two weeks this engine! :)

You got under it?

I changed mine from the top, saying that you probably have less space being a 200.

Soldato
I did :(

Was sending it from my work's account... will try from another one. (Sent, you can delete that addy now :))

edit... :eek: Have you seen the space between the cambelt cover and inner wing on the 220? Even I couldn't fit my hand down there :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
austinpowers said:
You got under it?

I changed mine from the top, saying that you probably have less space being a 200.
Need to turn the wheel to full right lock and jack it up a little to get under it to get the ring spanner over the tensioner.

Fed the belt in from the top, slipped it over the two larger pulleys first and around the tensioner then worked it over the top of the small upper pulley on the alternator with my right hand while holding the ring spanner holding tensioner with my left.

Once i had it on it wasnt for coming off, took some force to get the spanner back off the nut again so i could put the dirt cover on!

Back
Top Bottom