Rugby union?

Soldato
OMG. The Quins vs Bears game was insane. Especially good as a Quins fan of course, but unbelievable to come back from the position at half time. Bring on Exeter!

Quins fan here. I was at a festival on the weekend. Checked the score first half and assumed we'd blown in. Had the text updates on while I was eating lunch...had to go back to the tent and listen on the radio....

Bit gutted I wasn't watching it, but still great! Can't believe we're in the final....

Will be up the rugby club on Saturday to watch

Soldato
GET IN!

Champions!

What a turnaround this season...fantastic final. Amazing stuff ...

Absolutely stunning. Not sure I've been that exited watching a game of rugby for year. Quins are the team that wouldn't quit, who decided to live by the sword and attack no matter what and it was amazing.

Side note. play cricket with Dombrandt's dad :cry:

Soldato
Smith is class...nothing seems to faze him, I've been incredibly impressed the way he's developed this season.

He's been dismantling the best defences the premiership has to offer the last six months. His kicking has been top international standard, from hand and tee.

The only thing he hasn't seen yet is a really aggressive defence targeting him, but he's very good off the ball at getting into positions where he's got time and space....it's very rare that you see him get tackled on the ball.

Easily the best 10 in the premiership on recent performances. I can't see any way Eddie Jones doesn't pick him in the new squad out today. A lions season tour is the perfect time to try him out in an England shirt.

Soldato
Finally, Smith and Dombrandt in the England squad, along with Marchant and Kenningham.

Bit surprised at Kenningham, he's been pretty good since being pulled in to cover Will Evans (who I'm sure would have ended up in the England squad, if not for his injury), but not extraordinary.

Soldato
Really pleased for the Quins boys who were called up to the England squad. Richly deserved IMO. Kenningham had to have a shot after the premiership knockout games. His work rate was sensational and he handled the breakdown with incredible maturity I thought effecting a number of key turnovers. There's going to be quite some competition for a true 7 to fill the England 7 jersey for the first time in a long while.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I thought England looked really loose structure... almost like they dropped to USA level. Think Eddie made a school boy error only having a 9 and 10 on the bench to cover the backs. Most of them played well, though Umaga's tackling not the best, and forwards gave up lots of penalties in the second half that need tidying up.

BIL looked very comfortable in a fairly easy game. I have no idea yet on many positions, particularly back row and centres.

Soldato
1 England Cap for Smith and he's nabbed by the Lions. Great player to watch, hope he gets some playing time.

I'd be very surprised if he got some game time. Maybe off the bench midweek.

I'd prefer him to play Six Nations first before getting thrown in the deep end against a fired up Springboks test side. USA and Canada are awful, well below European club standard.

The whole Lions tour is a shambles though. They should have called it off or moved it back to the home nations. Lions games in empty stadiums kinda defeats the point of the tour. Only a matter of time before there are more cases.

Soldato
Such a shame having this Lions tour without fans....it's really spoiling it. In hindsight it should have been binned off for a year, but I guess they have to see it through now.

Typical SA test yesterday. Absolutely immense, fast, physical defence from the boks. Some good play from the Lions, but not enough.

Pretty amazing that SA can keep these levels up. You know exactly what they are going to do. They'll have 15 absolutely massive guys (Faf and Cheslin excepted :p) brought up on a braai diet that will hit you at pace, in defence and attack, for 80 minutes, without slowing down.

Back
Top Bottom