• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rumors 9800GTX

Soldato
Gadzooks gamers, Samsung just announced what they are calling the world's fastest memory: GDDR5. The new series five, double-data rate memory chip transfers data at a lickity quick 6Gbps -- about 4x faster while using 20% less power than the GDDR3 memory found in modern GPUs and the PS3. Compare that to their 4Gbps GDDR4 chips and you'll understand the fuss. The chips have already been delivered in samples to the likes of NVIDIA and ATI. Samsung expects the series five chips to capture more than 50 percent of the high-end PC graphics market by 2010.

and link

http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/03/samsung-announces-world-fastest-memory-gddr5/

Now if samsung had JUST announced gddr5 i dont think Nvidia will be using it on a card next year , unless they intend to sell it for £1k
but who knows , would be great if they did !

Soldato
Very much doubt it'll have 2GB of RAM, that's too big a jump in too short a time period and as has already been said, GDDR5 has pretty much just been announced. I would say 1GB of GDDR4 is a more realistic guess.

tbh

tbh

Associate
Looks to me like someones wishlist rather than anything which we can actually expect to see in a few months time.

Soldato
- 65nm process
- 256 shader processors
- 780MHz core clock
- 15-25% lower TDP than 8800GTS

Those four points together make it completely infeasible.

I don't see why. The only point there that may be slightly unrealistic is the TDP quote. 256 shaders seems realistic to me for a top end card. 780 Core? What's wrong with that? ATI are at 775 anyway, and easily go above 800Mhz. Lastly 65mn process, haven't they just done that?

Matthew

Back
Top Bottom