RWGmobile - Free monthly usage for light users.

Soldato
Just noticed this in the user comments.

For low users like me,iv switched to rwg mobile,uses ee. 50 mins or texts,and 250mb data for £0 a month. Renews every 25th of the month. Everything good so far

https://rwgmobile.wales/rates/

First i've heard of them.

Just ordered a sim.
Will be used by my daughter. (first phone/sim)
I'll updae once everything is up and running. 50 mins and 250mb free internet every month. Can't really complain.

Posted from another thread as i'm sure other light users will be interested in Sho's findings when he receives the free sim...

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Thanks. Will update once I receive sim card through the post.
Once it's all up and running and things are running smooth Mrs has said she wants the £1 bundle offer. That's 75mins and 500mb data. (She still uses a house phone for all her binge talking :cry:)

Man of Honour
Unless you set some pretty strict limits/WiFi only gonna be £20+ into data charges, etc. pretty quickly once a few apps want to update or a few videos, etc. :s

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Just an update sim card came through the post today. Will try to get it up and running at some point tomorrow evening.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Was there much in the way of paperwork or any sim adapters included?

Sorry with late reply.

Got the sim up and running. Sim adapters were included. Just a welcome letter with intructions on how to activate sim and which bundle to go for. And how to top up.
You can either ring up and send email to activate. I sent email.

Uses the EE Network. And so far no issues. It's ideal for young kids to use as you are not over spending.

Soldato
OP
Sorry with late reply.

Got the sim up and running. Sim adapters were included. Just a welcome letter with intructions on how to activate sim and which bundle to go for. And how to top up.
You can either ring up and send email to activate. I sent email.

Uses the EE Network. And so far no issues. It's ideal for young kids to use as you are not over spending.

How are you getting on with it , it it easy enough to see the free time and data left?

Sho

Sho

Soldato
How are you getting on with it , it it easy enough to see the free time and data left?

Sorry with late reply. My sond and daughter use the sims and so far it's been good. I got the free sim which gives 50mins and 250mb internet allowence. They have wifi access everywhere:cry:
RWG do have an app but i've not set it up. As i've sat down with them and explained everything regarding mins/texts etc.
On the their phones, i have set reminder when they're reaching their alowence. They hardly make phone calls as everything is through Whatsapp/Telegram social media apps etc.

So far so good. no network issues. Everytime i have called them i've had no issues.

Soldato
I think i'm going to give this a go. I'm a light user, and even the £5 smarty plan, i get nowhere near using 4gb data. I realise the free plan is only 250mg but as long as i set most things to sync on wifi only, i don't see it as a problem. Can't complain for free! Most of my messaging and communication is done via whatsapp anyway.

Soldato
How long did peoples sim cards take to arrive? I ordered mine on the 16th - same day as the post above but nothing has turned up yet?!

Associate
Mine took about 10 days to arrive. I'm pleased so far. I'm using the SIM in my backup phone but with a number I've had for many years and was used with Three Mobile.

Three Mobile tried to screw me by supplying what turned out to be a STAC when I requested a PAC which would have meant losing my number with little or no chance of recovering it. RWGMobile immediately emailed me back to tell me this which was a big plus to them. They've been very quick to respond to emails and are quite chatty. Three claimed it was an error but has become typical of their crap service.

I was promised the number would be transferred and activated by today and it was as was the voicemail service. However the voicemail had one big negative in that when I tested it it put an irremovable notification in the notification area. Even though I went into the voicemail settings and changed the notification type to SMS the notification persisted even after reboots. I eventually had to clear data and cache from the 'call settings' app.

Signal and call quality seems better than Three which is interesting as I think they use the same masts but I've got used to a (roughly) monthly email from Three telling me there's a network problem which will soon be fixed. Usually this means download speeds drop to 1Mbps or less and upload speeds are too low to be recorded and it can take up to a couple of weeks to notice a difference.

Unfortunately although the RWGMobile free and £1 deal are great their charges for more calls and data allowance are not competitive.

Back
Top Bottom