• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 6600XT 1080p gaming for $379 on Aug 11

Soldato
I usually wait until I can get around a 100% increase in framerate, without having to buy a premium GPU. I think next year will be a much better year to upgrade, especially if you already have a half decent card like the GTX 1080. Hopefully the RTX 4070/4080 will be available in greater quantities than current graphics cards.

Associate
Wow! I don't think this card will ever be an option for me in the future. I would imagine that nobody would buy a card like the 6600 xt any higher than it is priced currently but I guess people are desperate (understandably).
people have been buying the 3060 ti and 3060 for as anything from 2x its price and higher. this card beats the 3060 consistently.

Associate
Looks like prices have increased on OCUK.
The cheapest is now £390
The pulse is now £396

I won't be paying more than 320 so I'll just wait.

Got my Pulse for £375 with free delivery privilege for being a forum vet, looks like a steal. By the end of the week I suspect all those £390 models will be gone and you'll be lucky to get one for £400-415 anywhere.

Soldato
Got my Pulse for £375 with free delivery privilege for being a forum vet, looks like a steal. By the end of the week I suspect all those £390 models will be gone and you'll be lucky to get one for £400-415 anywhere.
Just checked the OCUK store and all the Sapphire cards have gone up to 395 for the Pulse and 399 for the Nitro. Glad I bought the Nitro on Friday when it was slightly discounted.

Soldato
You gotta buy ASAP & put it to mine during downtime, that's the reality of the GPU market. In that scenario things are still golden but most people just don't want to bother. Their loss ultimately, though I guess they learn to be more patient, so that's something. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The mythical `FE` drops, which are like fighting over breadcrumbs - the actual Nv RTX cards in stock are way more expensive than AMD ones; yet the commentary is all about the FE ones....

Agree mate. I know its possible to grab an FE, but the fight is way harsher than it is to get other cards. If you also factor in the lockout of one per person, in theory it should be easier!

If the AIB's are not able to get near the FE cost prices, nvidia will be making that cost back somewhere down the line, there's no way they would take a hit for that with the shareholders!

Soldato
The mythical `FE` drops, which are like fighting over breadcrumbs - the actual Nv RTX cards in stock are way more expensive than AMD ones; yet the commentary is all about the FE ones....
The last few FE drops have given people plenty of time to get one if they really wanted one. The last 3060 Ti drop was available to buy for ~40 minutes. More than enough time to see a phone alert and scuttle through checkout. OcUK also had 3060s and 3060 Tis available at reasonable pricing a couple of weeks ago, which were available to order for about six hours, then again for a while on 6600 XT launch day. The reality is that it's been easy to get an Ampere card for or close to RRP recently. Maybe not the exact model you want, but that's life.

Soldato
The last few FE drops have given people plenty of time to get one if they really wanted one. The last 3060 Ti drop was available to buy for ~40 minutes. OcUK also had 3060s and 3060 Tis available at reasonable pricing a couple of weeks ago, which were available to order for about six hours, then again for a while on 6600 XT launch day. The reality is that it's been easy to get an Ampere card for or close to RRP recently. Maybe not the exact model you want, but that's life.

40 minutes.... right, so still mythical then./ As they said on HUB; a european etailer had more stock of the 6600XT on launch day, then they have ever had of the entire RTX range ever.

Soldato
You gotta buy ASAP & put it to mine during downtime, that's the reality of the GPU market. In that scenario things are still golden but most people just don't want to bother. Their loss ultimately, though I guess they learn to be more patient, so that's something. :rolleyes:

Not worth it, diminishing returns. Not to mention, a huge waste of time, when you could invest in something with real value. Is there anything more volatile than crypto? Also, using electricity for apparently no other reason, other than to watch numbers on your screen increase at a snail pace, and periods where shares your GPU completes earn nothing.

You can make more money buying and selling graphics cards (if you can find a way to buy at rrp anyway), or investing on the stock market.

What I notice about GPU miners, is that they are generally trying to make a quick buck, unfortunately for them, it could all come crashing down in just a few months.

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe not the exact model you want, but that's life.

Precisely, with the huge demand for GPUs you gotta take what you can get at a reasonable price (e.g. MSRP). It doesn't matter if you don't get exactly what you want this year, because graphics cards are easy to upgrade and you can get a better one later, as game system requirements increase (and the ability to mass produce GPU dies also improves).

Buying the top end never pays off, just look at what happened with the RTX 2080 TI FE (priced at £1,100 or more) and the RTX 3070 FE (MSRP - £470).

Last edited:
Soldato
Not worth it, diminishing returns. Not to mention, a huge waste of time, when you could invest in something with real value. Is there anything more volatile than crypto? Also, using electricity for apparently no other reason, other than to watch numbers on your screen increase at a snail pace, and periods where shares your GPU completes earn nothing.

You can make more money buying and selling graphics cards (if you can find a way to buy at rrp anyway), or investing on the stock market.

What I notice about GPU miners, is that they are generally trying to make a quick buck, unfortunately for them, it could all come crashing down in just a few months.

Let's be honest, people who have better ROI on their time than spending 10mins to set up the miner + wallet aren't going to spend that time complaining on forums that cards aren't selling for MSRP so they'll wait X years because they want to pay $400 instead of $600. If your time is that valuable then the likelihood is that you just drop money for a 3090 at launch & never visit such forums in the first place. :p

Back
Top Bottom