• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 1600 keeps defaulting to 1500

Associate
Same issue with my Asus crosshair on bios 9943.

Using offset instead resolved the issue.

On the latest bios now but I'm still using offset.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Same issue on gigabyte gaming 5. Offset also resolved the issue. Note I had to change from 'auto' to 'normal' to enable DVID (offset)

It is certainly not vendor specific but the response from MSI is pretty arsey

Associate
Does this bug have anything to do with R7 chips or is it just the R5s? I'm running a 3.75GHz overclock on my 1700 and it needs about 1.42v to be stable, also can't get the RAM to stay stable at 2400MHz and it won't even boot with RAM at 2666, not sure if I just got lotteried or if there is something fishy going on with the board

Associate
Same issue on gigabyte gaming 5. Offset also resolved the issue. Note I had to change from 'auto' to 'normal' to enable DVID (offset)

It is certainly not vendor specific but the response from MSI is pretty arsey

The problem with MSI is their forum. The moderators don't have the boards and haven't a clue. Is really a shame as they're fine boards once you get them working.

Associate
My CH6 has this issue. I had it working perfectly at 3.9 with everyone on auto (except vcore at 1.35). I was changing my cooler when I dropped my chip and bent a lot of pins. Just brought a new one and left everything on auto and just put the multiplier on 39.

Both 3.9 and 3.8 would drop to 1550MHz, 3.7 would post but fail stress test with a black screen. 3.6 was fine with everything on auto. Then remembered I had changed vcore before for some reason so put it back at 1.35 and it's back stable at 3.9.

Not sure what the issue is but as others have said setting core voltage manually seems to have sorted it out.

Back
Top Bottom