• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 2600 vs Core i9 7800X in 37 game benchmark.

Soldato
We can all cherry pick individual singular applications to bolster our arguments and forever go round in circles ^^^^ its a mindless game that has no relevance what-so-ever ^^^^^^ that slide even ignores Coffeelake let alone Ryzen 2###

2933Mhz is Ryzen 2### stock memory.

Erm? oh ok have it your way. The 2600 is faster out of the box..... seriously look at the slide.

It's not a game it's a compiling benchmark lol. I've seen the slide. I've seen the video I'm just not sure how or why it warrants it's own thread. We all know skylake x was DOA.

Caporegime
OP
It's not a game it's a compiling benchmark lol. I've seen the slide. I've seen the video I'm just not sure how or why it warrants it's own thread. We all know skylake x was DOA.

Well your slide is more than a year old, is nothing to do with the topic and doesn't even involve the CPU's we are talking about.

Maybe we should get back on topic?

Soldato
Steve did yet another totally pointless video lol

Got no clue why intel still sells that crap called 7800x should have scraped it when 8700 came out FACT

Probably left over 7900x's with imperfections / issues. Does not cost Intel anything I suspect, may as well offer parts with defects which they would otherwise throw away possibly.

Permabanned
Probably left over 7900x's with imperfections / issues. Does not cost Intel anything I suspect, may as well offer parts with defects which they would otherwise throw away possibly.
Ye they could just drop it to 200 bucks or go AMD and do promo packet lime cpu motherboard memory combo for cheap.

Caporegime
OP
@Zeed, i'm trying to to react here but seriously look at his reaction to any Ryzen thread, not least this one, with that its actually impossible to have any sort of discussion that does not involve me being an AMD fanboy, even when i say things like this

There is no denying the 8700K is a great gaming CPU, the best gaming CPU in fact, if you have a 1080TI what you want is the 8700K and nothing else will do.

In them.....

There isn't actually anything i can do or say that makes him happy, so, stop encouraging him.

Yes let's enjoy yet another ryzen circle jerk thread. We really need more of these.

You think that's healthy? why would you quote that and use it to play the YOU are the fanboy card?

This is what he does, he goes round the threads trolling them hoping i will react enough to get banned or the mods close them because they blow up after he instigates it, you think that's good, why are you playing a part in this?

We all want clean reasonable debates, so I'll ignore the baiting.... don't everyone else fall into the trap and involve yourselves pulling every thread into the gutter for him.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good to see some competition. Better for all camps. Humbug does bang the drum for AMD but I can't argue with the facts. It makes a change from Intel getting all the plaudits.

Let's stick to facts and remember we are not our hardware ;)

Caporegime
OP
Good to see some competition. Better for all camps. Humbug does bang the drum for AMD but I can't argue with the facts. It makes a change from Intel getting all the plaudits.

Let's stick to facts and remember we are not our hardware ;)

Right, please lets.

Edited my post to expend on what i'm saying, i'm off for some dinner.

Permabanned
7800x is JUNK and thats a FACT.
It's been just OK when came out not much better than 6800k
This says it all my overclocked 5820k was scoring around 1340 as soon as they saidthere is no SOLDER intel HEDT was dead to me. Basically yu are forced to buy delided cpu to overclock....

87101.png

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I found it quite interesting, for the simple fact that it was comparing Intel's mesh architecture to AMD's version of Mesh architecture. It was a far more apples to apples comparison that the 8700k vs 2600(x) as they are two completely different CPU's architecturally.

Caporegime
OP
I found it quite interesting, for the simple fact that it was comparing Intel's mesh architecture to AMD's version of Mesh architecture. It was a far more apples to apples comparison that the 8700k vs 2600(x) as they are two completely different CPU's architecturally.

That is a very good point, Architectures are going to get more scalable because core counts are going up and for as good as traditional inter-core connects like the ring bus on coffeelake are they don't scale or work with higher core counts.

Both AMD and Intel know this which is why you get these new interconnects in the form of AMD's Infinity Fabric and Intel's Mesh.

Back
Top Bottom