• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3 pricing from OCUK

Associate
Guys,

I bought my last CPU/Mobo from here as few years ago. Do any of the regulars know if OCUK will have pre-order pricing for the new Ryzen 3's and 570 Motherboards?

It would be nice to know I had bagged a Ryzen 3 and Board prior to the rush on 7/7.

Thanks,

Adam

Associate
One and a half weeks, until pre orders open on the 1st July.
I prefer to wait for some reviews first, before upgrading, instead of rushing out on release day and getting the first batch of the new tech.

Soldato
I just don't understand people pre ordering when there's no independent reviews yet???

You wouldn't buy a car without a test drive, why buy a CPU that nobody has got to publicly review/test??
CPU bit different from a car. Most of the stats are fairly predictable. Ryzen 1 to 2 to 3, an evolution to improve the product. :). Unlikely to have regressed in any way + can always return it if something bad is revealed. OCUK I think sometimes do early bird discounts with help from the manufacturer.

Associate
I, too, find this fashion of NDA til release very stupid. NDA should be lifted at least few days before release so people can read some reviews. If you are buying on 7th without reading the reviews first, it is a bit silly to be honest.

Soldato
On some low price stuff now and again................maybe. On a major cpu architecture change that could change the whole cpu market ? Not a cat in hell's chance. OCUK will gouge it for all it's worth, just like all the other etailers.

They'll be in full 'hype and gouge mode' for Ryzen and Navi/NV Super, they'll see July/August as another Black Friday/Christmas period.

Associate
the dollar price of the ryzens will be the same or more in £ i.e. 3600 $199 = £200-220

could maybe be £180 if you're optimistic but as its beating the 8700k I doubt it

Caporegime
No preorder means prices will be high. Having a high priced preorder means nobody will buy. It'll scary buyers away. I've seen this strategy before. Less excited now knowing there is no preorder :(

This is a standard launch.
Pre-orders aren't really a thing for PC hardware as I've said over the last few months about Ryzen 3XXX and I've been proved right.

Are B450 and X470 boards still in the supply channel? will you keep stock replenished, the MSI Tomahawk is out of stock, you getting new ones in?

All older stock seems to be basically EOL, or at least vacant.
It's a struggle to buy AM4 boards. Hopefully there's other stuff in the OEM channel as our College is ordering potentially a bit of AMD kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
All older stock seems to be basically EOL, or at least vacant.
It's a struggle to buy AM4 boards. Hopefully there's other stuff in the OEM channel as our College is ordering potentially a bit of AMD kit.

400 series stock looks better now than it did a few days ago, i'm hoping Gibbo will keep replenishing stock because i have a feeling X570 is going to be out of reach for a good chunk of Ryzen 3000 buyers.

I mean if you're spending £200 to £250 on a CPU you're not spending £200 on a board for it.

Soldato
400 series stock looks better now than it did a few days ago, i'm hoping Gibbo will keep replenishing stock because i have a feeling X570 is going to be out of reach for a good chunk of Ryzen 3000 buyers.

I mean if you're spending £200 to £250 on a CPU you're not spending £200 on a board for it.

Exactly. AMD will shoot themselves in the foot.

Back
Top Bottom