• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3600 load temp okay?

Soldato
Recently built a Mini ITX system with a Ryzen 3600 (Non X) and to cool it an Artic Liquid Freezer 2 120,During one round of COD multiplayer this is my load temp of 80c.
Literally closed the game and looked at those temps,Core temp was running in the background the whole time during the round to get min & max temps. :)

pc8PA4T.png

It runs around 50c just idle at the desktop,Think i should do something about this or will be okay?

Associate
Looks about right for a Mini ITX build, assuming you're using a SFF case.

I have a 3600 under a Noctua NH-U12S, with a high airflow case, and it can hit 75°c when gaming. Note I said it "can hit 75°", it does not hit that temperature and stay there and it's unlikely yours is doing either.

My idle temps bounce around from 36° to 48° depending what the system is doing. I previously used a Hyper 212 and temperatures weren't wildly different.

Soldato
OP
Yeah im going to need to address this issue,While playing COD BR its getting 80c and causing the game to stutter,Which is very noticeable and during MP actually got me killed lol.

Soldato
OP
I'm unsure atm if it's throttling as I need to find some software that will show me what frequencys are happening throughout the round , either way I'm getting stutter which I I can only assume is heat related.

Soldato
That won't be the cause of the stutter, mine was hitting 80 with the stock cooler in a meshify C a well cooled air case in hunt showdown which is a demanding game and there is no stutter

Try some other games

I'm using a wraith Prism now and getting about 75c which seems decent for the cost and size of the cooler, obnoxiously loud though

Associate
I'm unsure atm if it's throttling as I need to find some software that will show me what frequencys are happening throughout the round , either way I'm getting stutter which I I can only assume is heat related.

A full spec list, inclusive of case, as well as the resolution you're trying to push and IQ settings may unearth a potential issue/solution?

Associate
Hmm I'm unsure I just assumed it was because of the temps it was running, here's my full spec list including pictures. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/33819483/

Do appreciate the help :)

EDIT - the fan on my aio is how it came fixed BTW got it blowing out the front, think I should swap it so its sucking air in through the front?

Firstly, that's a beautiful little build and very tidy spec list. Nothing obviously wrong with the components.

As you've already alluded to, setting your AIO as an intake will likely improve temps on your CPU, ever so slightly, but will warm the inside of the case a bit which will probably lead to a slightly higher GPU temp.. It's all going to be very marginal and I wouldn't expect this to be the root cause or solution to any stuttering. Edit: If all your fans are set to exhaust you're running a negative pressure setup, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and depending on the enclosure it can actually be the optimum cooling solution. You can only test running your AIO as an intake and see if there's any improvement.

I'd be more inclined to start monitoring the temps and clock speeds of your 5700XT. Have you got it running at stock clocks/volts? A slight undervolt goes a long way with thermals on these cards and helps them hold higher boost clocks for longer.

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
I think only ryzen master gives accurate readings still, coretemp hwinfor don't support ryzen yet from what ive read

Associate
35c idle, 65c stressed, 55c in games.

Cooler is an inexpensive 120mm AIO https://www.deepcool.com/product/LiquidCooler/2018-11/209_10014.shtml

I don't think those temp are right, not with a more expensive 240mm AIO Mini ITX case or not.... try running the Ryzen Balanced Power Plan but honestly something is not right with that, its an <80 Watt CPU.

He has a 120mm AIO in an MITX build currently setup with negative air pressure. Two of us in this thread can hit 75° on air, in high airflow cases, during real world gaming.

His temperatures don't appear to be that alarming.

Edit: I'll run some stress tests tonight and monitor with Ryzen master and see what temps I'm getting. Again, just because the temperature hit 75°, or 80° in the OP's case, doesn't mean it's sitting there throughout the whole session.

Last edited:
Caporegime
He has a 120mm AIO in an MITX build currently setup with negative air pressure. Two of us in this thread can hit 75° on air, in high airflow cases, during real world gaming.

His temperatures don't appear to be that alarming.

Edit: I'll run some stress tests tonight and monitor with Ryzen master and see what temps I'm getting. Again, just because the temperature hit 75°, or 80° in the OP's case, doesn't mean it's sitting there throughout the whole session.

As long as hair is flowing through the rad the size of the case or the pressure in it shouldn't matter, its a Radiator pulling air in from the outside.

@Nevakonaza can i ask what might seem like a daft question? is the pump working? you haven't plugged it into a fan header which isn't driving it up to full speed?

Soldato
What a fantastic little build that is looks nice

Personally I think your temps should be lower on the AIO, I would be looking at your CPU fan and pump curves, maybe 100% @ 70c, it's not set to silent mode in the bios or anything like that is it

Soldato
OP
That won't be the cause of the stutter, mine was hitting 80 with the stock cooler in a meshify C a well cooled air case in hunt showdown which is a demanding game and there is no stutter

Try some other games

I'm using a wraith Prism now and getting about 75c which seems decent for the cost and size of the cooler, obnoxiously loud though

Il try some Battlefield 4 & Fortnight in the morning and see how they perform and if i get the same stutters,I did run a few laps of 3D mark and i didn't notice any stutters during the benchmark.

Firstly, that's a beautiful little build and very tidy spec list. Nothing obviously wrong with the components.

As you've already alluded to, setting your AIO as an intake will likely improve temps on your CPU, ever so slightly, but will warm the inside of the case a bit which will probably lead to a slightly higher GPU temp.. It's all going to be very marginal and I wouldn't expect this to be the root cause or solution to any stuttering. Edit: If all your fans are set to exhaust you're running a negative pressure setup, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and depending on the enclosure it can actually be the optimum cooling solution. You can only test running your AIO as an intake and see if there's any improvement.

I'd be more inclined to start monitoring the temps and clock speeds of your 5700XT. Have you got it running at stock clocks/volts? A slight undervolt goes a long way with thermals on these cards and helps them hold higher boost clocks for longer.

Thank you very much,I do like how it turned out and everything just fitting nicely,i was concerned with the AIO as this has a thicker radiator compared to most other competitors AIO,s but fits in with plenty of space.
il swap the fan around so its pulling in through the radiator fresh air from the front rather than pushing potential warm air from the inside of the case through the rad and out the front,although with my hand on the front of the case while gaming i cant actually feel any warm air coming out.

I think only ryzen master gives accurate readings still, coretemp hwinfor don't support ryzen yet from what ive read
Noted thank you,il get Ryzen Master downloaded and see what that says :)

As long as hair is flowing through the rad the size of the case or the pressure in it shouldn't matter, its a Radiator pulling air in from the outside.
Well right now its actually pushing air through the ran to the outside of the front case,Im going to switch it so its pulling in air from the front see if that makes any diffrence.

@Nevakonaza can i ask what might seem like a daft question? is the pump working? you haven't plugged it into a fan header which isn't driving it up to full speed?
Not a daft question at all,it appears to be working as i can hear the slight whoosh of water going around but its very quiet,i need to have a play around in the bios.

What a fantastic little build that is looks nice

Personally I think your temps should be lower on the AIO, I would be looking at your CPU fan and pump curves, maybe 100% @ 70c, it's not set to silent mode in the bios or anything like that is it
Thank you :)
Well this AIO only has one 4 pin you need to connect,that powers both the fan & pump off of one header,Currently ive got it plugged into the "CPU pump" header which is grey coloured compared to the other 2 which are black.

EDIT - Just done another round of COD multiplayer,Ryzen master shows max temp of 71c on the 3600 & a max temp of 62c on the 5700XT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom