• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 5 3600 price going up?

Associate
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new cpu and I'm waiting for the right price of a 3600.
Prices seem to be going up not down though, any reason for this?

Currently £200 on overclockers.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Probably because they are going to do a "deal" soon. So to make it look better they've temporarily increased the price.

It'll appear better if they say "Was £200 - Now Only £150 - 25% off!!!"

Associate
OP
Probably because they are going to do a "deal" soon. So to make it look better they've temporarily increased the price.

It'll appear better if they say "Was £200 - Now Only £150 - 25% off!!!"

To be honest I would probably pay £150 but don't want to pay much more, these should be down a lot more by now surely with the new cpu releases just over the horizon.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
To be honest I would probably pay £150 but don't want to pay much more, these should be down a lot more by now surely with the new cpu releases just over the horizon.

It might well be less than that. I was just giving an example, its a sleazy sales technique to make deals appear better than they actually are. I think they have to have the higher price for a certain period (something like a month) before they can advertise it lower in a "deal"

I'd just shop around and get it from whoever has it cheapest.

Soldato
Jesus that's a discusting price, pretty much the most expensive compared to any main competitor by a long shot.

I paid £150 for my 3600 when overclockers were wanting the same price for a few 3300x!

Man of Honour
£136 from overclockers?
Only after the standard 3600 non x as I have a cooler to go on there all ready.

No sadly - ocuk rarely see my money these days. As good as they are they are not very often competitive. I literally googled it saw one at 136 and ordered straight away. I did however pay nearly a tenner for saturday shipping so it ended up being just shy of 150 all in.

Associate
Maybe. But thousands of people are losing jobs, loads of companies are struggling etc... Is demand really up? Does anywhere publish weekly or monthly sales data?

But there's more people who were furloughed, couldn't spend any of their 80% wage on anything as it was all shut down, with money burning a hole in their pockets now because they're back at work. I should know, I was one of them. Been back at work for a couple of months now, but I did save a fair chunk of cash during lockdown and as a result, now run a Ryzen system.

Unfortunately that's not everyone's experience :(

Permabanned
Never be loyal to one company if they are taking the mick with pricing consult with google and shop with whoever has it the cheapest.

Sorry Overclockers but your business practices beggar belief. No doubt you make money but you lose so many sales with your greedy practices.

Permabanned
As i said on facebook...i made a basket ready from overclockers,but then i said i can wait a few more weeks....in 5 weeks basket shoot up 125£.I will definitely shop elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom