• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 5 3600 price going up?

Soldato
As i said on facebook...i made a basket ready from overclockers,but then i said i can wait a few more weeks....in 5 weeks basket shoot up 125£.I will definitely shop elsewhere.

Yeh, OCUK aren't what they used to be.

I specced a PC for my brother a few weeks ago, wanted to get it from OCUK, but they weren't even close.

Don't know what's happened to them recently.

Permabanned
Which is the main point of the business? They've been around long enough to know what they are doing.
No doubt but how many have brought elsewhere because of it? Quite a few in this thread alone.

That’s money out of there pocket and straight into a competitor. I brought my cpu from here at launch and mobo, ram and m2 drive from elsewhere because they were quite a bit cheaper. Someone else made a fair bit more.

Soldato
It's very rare I spend my money with OcUK these days unfortunately. The community is great, but the pricing is often far off from the competition with some products.

Now I don't mind an extra few quid over here, but when talking £20-80 odd on a lot of items, I'm going elsewhere unfortunately.

Like CPU prices atm...
3600 - OcUK £200 - Competitor £170
3700X - OcUK £320 - Competitor £280
3900X - OcUK £459 - Competitor £396

So if they ever wonder why sales ever go down... lol

Soldato
I agree I'd say £150 is a fair price, but I imagine with the high demand of the chip they've afforded to hike the cost a little. This seems all round and likely from AMD possibly changing RRP.

Also likely a slight marketing trick so when Ryzen 4000 launches, it looks like it gets a price drop, when in reality it's just what it should cost anyway...

Associate
got my 3700x with 252£ 4 days ago:)))

That's not bad if I'm honest, especially if you need the 2 extra cores. But for either a stop gap to zen3 and/or gaming only 3600 is definitely a better buy, if you can get one for 120 to 150 quid, I wonder what the historical lowest price was on a 3700x, I wanted one at in January but I only game, are you planning on upgrading to zen3? I'll probably go 8 cores myself :)

Soldato
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new cpu and I'm waiting for the right price of a 3600.
Prices seem to be going up not down though, any reason for this?

Currently £200 on overclockers.

just pay the 200. if your not smart enough to know that ocuk is not the only retailer then pay the higher prices. im smarter than the average human so i know how to shop around.

Associate
OP
just pay the 200. if your not smart enough to know that ocuk is not the only retailer then pay the higher prices. im smarter than the average human so i know how to shop around.

Cool story!!

I was just pointing out that OC had priced the 3600 at £200, dont you think I have looked around everywhere? Or shall I start naming the prices of all other competitors to keep you happy?

Every other online shop has the 3600 priced at over £170+, i was asking a simple question of why the 3600 was priced so high!!!!

Maybe you need to re read my question as you are so "smart"

Soldato
Cool story!!

I was just pointing out that OC had priced the 3600 at £200, dont you think I have looked around everywhere? Or shall I start naming the prices of all other competitors to keep you happy?

Every other online shop has the 3600 priced at over £170+, i was asking a simple question of why the 3600 was priced so high!!!!

Maybe you need to re read my question as you are so "smart"
Not everyone is 170 plus some are under by a couple of quid but yeh majority are 170 and above

Back
Top Bottom