• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
We are left with UPS/Fedex/DHL and their daughter companies, all of them are utter crap when it comes to delivering stuff on time.
So I'm thinking if ocUK and their "friends" are just being yanked around the chain by these logistics companies.

You are just considering Business to Consumer in your list. (and can add Parcel Force and Post Office to that). But for business to business (Pallets and Containers) there's shedloads of logistics firms. Some just move stuff around in Trucks (think "Eddie Stobart") others arrange shipping and flights, others are doing the shipping freight (think "Maersk"). Supply chain is a complex & competative affair.

But your point is correct; and likely OCUk don't eben know the full extent of those firms involved. There are probably pallets sat in warehousing all over the place, watching PPE and vaccine product jump the queue ahead of them to the 'goods outwards' zone (which none of us are complaining about!).

Associate
Just seen the update. 295pcs in the next couple of weeks hopefully, I am queue position 298. :(

Hopefully. a few people cancelled since the queue update last Friday. I know at least one other supplier had stock late last Friday, so hopefully whoever got them also had Overclockers orders and have now cancelled.

Associate
AMD will be prioritising the higher margin 5900x/5950x, could be in for a long wait.

Remember 5950x and 5900x have 2 chiplets. 5800x and 5600x have one chiplet. If 5950x was more than 2x the price of 5800x, then I would understand the desire to push them first. Also, 5950x and 5900x have much better binned dies than 5800x and 5600x. So it is more expensive to gather enough of those to build 5950/5900x.

Associate
Just 52 due now this week at a place that’s not this place. Zen4 will be out by the time my 5900X arrives at this rate.

One competitor is expecting only 24 5900x units this week... if OCUK is the same then yes it's going to be a while. Unbelievable that 5950x has been prioritized over 5900x when there are three times as many 5900x pre-orders on most sites!

Associate
Any idea of when pre-orders for the 5600x will be possible again? I'm hopeful stock issues will be sorted by January but don't see it happening. Got my new rig ready to go just got to insert the new chip.

Associate
Hmmm, I was 20th in the queue and got no shipping email. Checked my junk folder too but no joy...

I checked mine on customer services forum board because I was 94th and no email - had updated my delivery address before the order to my new home and missed changing the postcode, sorted and shipped now.

Associate
Hmm odd. You sure you ordered a 5950x? Because they would put them in order of queue. Also could you have accidentally cancelled the order by refunding a 30series gpu perhaps?

Yep defo 5950x, all sorted now. Got my shipped email there just half an hour ago so I'm happy. Not sure what order they are sending the shipped emails, not in order of queue anyway, but they are being filled.

Associate
I checked mine on customer services forum board because I was 94th and no email - had updated my delivery address before the order to my new home and missed changing the postcode, sorted and shipped now.
Nice one!

Looking forward to doing the new build - Nice bit of time off coming up too, had 2 trips cancelled this year due to covid so I have 3 and a half weeks off over Xmas to build and play :D

Associate
Remember 5950x and 5900x have 2 chiplets. 5800x and 5600x have one chiplet. If 5950x was more than 2x the price of 5800x, then I would understand the desire to push them first. Also, 5950x and 5900x have much better binned dies than 5800x and 5600x. So it is more expensive to gather enough of those to build 5950/5900x.

But both CPU's also have the same IO die, package, and shipping costs. The only difference between a 5800X and 5950X is one single chiplet and a slightly better bin. All other fixed costs remain the same.

I can't see something as small as a chiplet die costing AMD more than £50 (likely far less). They whole reason they use chiplets is because it makes them cheap to produce. So if they can add ~£50 cost to a product that retails for ~£300 more, that's why AMD do just that.

Back
Top Bottom