• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Soldato
Awesome thanks so much I will check that out. I have currently bought the LIAN-LI - PC-O11DX Dynamic Mid-Tower ATX because it looked alright on ************, do you think this will be good for this build?
Also will the b550 tomahawk support the SSD i linked? Thank you!

Haha fair enough to be honest I would just like to upgrade my PC its been over 5 years, and I just bought a nice 1440p monitor so would like some future proofing aswell, thanks :)
I can't see the SSD as it looks like it was removed for competitor linking but the tomahawk will support one PCIe gen 4.0 SSD and 1 PCIe gen 3.0.

Associate
Its like the high street retailer mentioned yesterday that added them to their website but customers weren't able to buy until release day. Their store staff are able to purchase pre-release stock so they've now sold out of 2 out of 4 CPU models before they've even gone up for sale. Looks like the 8 and 8+8 models are going to be the tightest stock levels if they are sold out of them already just based on staff pre-orders.

Associate
Its like the high street retailer mentioned yesterday that added them to their website but customers weren't able to buy until release day. Their store staff are able to purchase pre-release stock so they've now sold out of 2 out of 4 CPU models before they've even gone up for sale. Looks like the 8 and 8+8 models are going to be the tightest stock levels if they are sold out of them already just based on staff pre-orders.

Lol seriously? That is a bit messed up. How can customers compete with that.

Associate
The best part is you only need a staff discount card to do it, and once you have worked at said retailer you get to keep your staff discount card for life. I work with a dude who worked there over 10 years ago, he still has his staff discount card. All you need is a staff id number.

Associate
I fully agree. It’s extremely bad for customer relations. I suspect we’ve been seeing a fair bit of that with graphics cards from certain stores as well. No names.

Probably true. Now it makes sense.

When was the last time this happened with CPU's and GPU's? Feels like March this year when everyone was buying toilet roll!

Associate
I fully agree. It’s extremely bad for customer relations. I suspect we’ve been seeing a fair bit of that with graphics cards from certain stores as well. No names.

Yep, an i bet these end up on fleebay too! They are pretty much allowing their own staff to become scalpers

Back
Top Bottom