• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
We know exactly what is going on.

Those first 300pc got delayed by AMD, they have been delayed again and are coming from a master distributor, why the date keeps slipping is unknown.

These 200pc are from another master disti and have shipped from that warehouse today and will arrive in our warehouse tomorrow and have a scheduled booking in slot next week which warehouse will pull forward if they can.

So far we have already had 199 units arrive and get shipped out, this includes launch volume.

Right now we have 1066 orders outstanding to ship with 200 due next week, were still owed the 300 which the dates keep slipping on and 85 units are still due to arrive this week / next week on grey product.

As such based on the 200 + 85 we know have shipped that will mean we have shipped just shy of 500 units to our customers, probably better than any competitor can say, when those 300 owed land, that will be near 800. :)

If shipments slip or get delayed that is totally out of our control, both ourselves and the distributors are at the mercy of AMD.

Thank you @Gibbo for all those precise details & your time :)

Associate
We have also shipped 189pc of 5950X to date, we have another just shy of 100 units due next week and only have 205 orders outstanding on those.
So by end of next week we would have shipped nearly 300 units of 5950X, quite a large numbers compared to competitors, some competitors have still had zero stock.

5800X we shipped 186 units so far and 145 units of 5600X, we are still waiting for updates on shipments for these parts.

So currently the 5600x wait time is going to be going into the multiple weeks before it gets cleared? just seems no new cpus have been sent in along time meanwhile people keep posting about snagging them and having them delivered already.

Caporegime
So currently the 5600x wait time is going to be going into the multiple weeks before it gets cleared? just seems no new cpus have been sent in along time meanwhile people keep posting about snagging them and having them delivered already.
Yeah I'm not bothering to buy a motherboard or other parts at this time. Even at Black Friday "discounts". Because there's no point. You won't have a CPU for that motherboard until March some time. Or a GPU.

So really I don't want boxes of useless parts lying around, that I can't even test to make sure they work.

Maybe by *next* Black Friday I might be able to get hold of a Zen 3 CPU :p

Associate
We have also shipped 189pc of 5950X to date, we have another just shy of 100 units due next week and only have 205 orders outstanding on those.
So by end of next week we would have shipped nearly 300 units of 5950X, quite a large numbers compared to competitors, some competitors have still had zero stock.

Unless I've missed something that's different to what you said on the other update thread.

You said you had 220 5950x cpus 'delivered' as in with you in hand so that would mean that the first 220 people in the queue should be receiving their 5950x chips soon yet some under the 220 queue number have said they haven't been notified of shipping

You also said that you had another 40 'official' being delivered and another 35 'grey' within the next week or two which would mean in total the first 295 people in the queue should be getting there cpus with 220 guaranteed now.

However your statement above doesn't match as it's stating that you have shipped 189 so far with just shy of 100 next week which is less than the number you originally stated - has the number arrived been miscounted or is there now less stock than first said in or coming in?

Caporegime
I'm kicking myself for ordering the RAM and Motherboard etc, stuff is here and just laying around... the icing on the cake will be needing to RMA something when I finally get a 5900X next year.
Exactly what I'm worried about. However so long as you manage to assemble your system within 6 months of the purchase of the faulty part, the law still assumes (iirc) that the part was faulty when you bought it.

If you don't manage to test all the parts within 6 months of buying some of them, I'm not sure what you could do then.

I already know I can't get hold of some of the parts for my build until 2021 (PSU and more). So really not worth buying the other bits, sadly :p

About the only thing I can do is upgrade my monitor!

Associate
I'm kicking myself for ordering the RAM and Motherboard etc, stuff is here and just laying around... the icing on the cake will be needing to RMA something when I finally get a 5900X next year.

GkqXV7D
NWLgbPT

:confused:

Associate
Cool, that is good to know. I know you can't say "you'll have it by XYZ date", but this type of update at least allows those in the queue a choice of what to do. I'm literally sitting with a rig with no AMD CPU and current machine is Intel, so its a lump of precious metals... at least from my position of 460ish, I can tell I'm not likely to see anything in the next couple of weeks. So, I can at least decide if I want to buy a 3200 off eBay to at least fire the thing up and test it out... is £60 worth my patience for a few weeks, i suspect not.

This is the exact sort of update we need indeed for the reasons stated.

Associate
who on earth is pre-ordering at these prices though? way above msrp - takes 2 minutes to see that you can pre-order from other retailers for much less.

in addition have you now seen the price of the 3600? £230! what on earth are they playing at!

Associate
BRING ON THE QUEUE UPDATE EMAILS!

I'm gonna guess we get it at about 22:00 this week... Every week the email update time has slipped. My previous queue update email times were:

1st - 12:29
2nd - 16:43
3rd - 19:36

Also thanks Gibbo for finally pinning the update thread so we don't have to search for it!

Back
Top Bottom