• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Because every time there's been a update the gap between now and when they are 'due' seems to grow, I half expect an update at the end of December to say "no stock but 4000 due at end of February".

Associate
I feel bad for you paying £169 that then, they've had your pants down. Keep justifying your purchase though if it makes you feel better.

That's funny.... quite literally.

I have ALREADY spent more than any gaming only user would say. I think you are the one over spending. I now have a pretty balanced storage solution.

1x 6tb Toshiba X300 HDD

1x 2tb Crucial MX500

1x 1tb Sabrent Rocket 4

All I do is game and watch videos. I got an SSD to match the Xbox's speed because that is what devs will target. Unless your doing video editing or something you are just chasing bigger numbers as if it means anything.

OcUK Staff
OP
Because every time there's been a update the gap between now and when they are 'due' seems to grow, I half expect an update at the end of December to say "no stock but 4000 due at end of February".

ETAs can of course slip, but these are confirmed allocations so should all be good, let us hope the ETAs move forward rather than shipping.

I also believe OcUK has shipped the most 5950X in the UK so far as we should exceed 300 plus shipped today, OcUK is doing a remarkable job at obtaining these processors, it also helps we are willing to buy grey and make a loss on them too, as what is most important to us is clearing down the backlog as quickly as we can even if that means we take a hit.

Soldato
ETAs can of course slip, but these are confirmed allocations so should all be good, let us hope the ETAs move forward rather than shipping.

I also believe OcUK has shipped the most 5950X in the UK so far as we should exceed 300 plus shipped today, OcUK is doing a remarkable job at obtaining these processors, it also helps we are willing to buy grey and make a loss on them too, as what is most important to us is clearing down the backlog as quickly as we can even if that means we take a hit.
Cant see you making much of a loss on a 5950x@ £860 TBH, I see some price gouging, I picked one up yesterday from a competitor for £750

Associate
Cant see you making much of a loss on a 5950x@ £860 TBH, I see some price gouging, I picked one up yesterday from a competitor for £750

Part of being a company is selling things to cover business costs.

Buying a part at market value and selling it at market value is a loss to the company.

Associate
What happened to the 85 units of 5900x that were on order @Gibbo?

I thought you had 200 + 85 coming in for this week? I was ~235th in queue and haven't heard anything.

By no means disgruntled about the timings, just curious.

I'd honestly prefer you not to be buying from the grey market and sticking to official distributors to keep prices in line with MSRP, the appearance of gouging, whether legitimate or not, is not appealing to me for future purchases. The more people who pay the price, the more people charge the price. Would rather fuel not be thrown on the scalping fire in the supply chain. But perhaps others disagree.

OcUK Staff
OP
What happened to the 85 units of 5900x that were on order @Gibbo?

I thought you had 200 + 85 coming in for this week? I was ~235th in queue and haven't heard anything.

Where did I post or say this?

My only post regarding 5900X is 200pc incoming which arrived though I think around 30 units were missing which warehouse is investigating, not sure what this additional 85 is but is possible the numbers have got mixed up along the way.

Outstanding is:
300 from launch, yes still overdue
844 due end of December
30 units possibly due this week but unconfirmed
55 units grey stock, so maybe with the above is the 85 your thinking, but I do not recall posting that info on the forum.

Soldato
Part of being a company is selling things to cover business costs.

Buying a part at market value and selling it at market value is a loss to the company.
And I’m sure the other company I bought from has the same costs if not more, but some how manages to sell the same chip for over £100 cheaper

Associate
@Gibbo you have definitely mentioned about 85 units coming this week.
We know exactly what is going on.

Those first 300pc got delayed by AMD, they have been delayed again and are coming from a master distributor, why the date keeps slipping is unknown.

These 200pc are from another master disti and have shipped from that warehouse today and will arrive in our warehouse tomorrow and have a scheduled booking in slot next week which warehouse will pull forward if they can.

So far we have already had 199 units arrive and get shipped out, this includes launch volume.

Right now we have 1066 orders outstanding to ship with 200 due next week, were still owed the 300 which the dates keep slipping on and 85 units are still due to arrive this week / next week on grey product.

As such based on the 200 + 85 we know have shipped that will mean we have shipped just shy of 500 units to our customers, probably better than any competitor can say, when those 300 owed land, that will be near 800. :)

If shipments slip or get delayed that is totally out of our control, both ourselves and the distributors are at the mercy of AMD.

I just wondered what had happened to it as I was about 250th in the queue and so was expecting it this week after you mentioned 200 + 85 coming.

Last edited:
Associate
Tempted to return my 6800 xt tomorrow to try elsewhere, or get a 3080 fe... If I'm not getting the CPU until late December anyway then I might as well try for a cheaper GPU.

@Gibbo you have definitely mentioned about 85 units coming this week.

Ayy, yeah, there we go.

I was ~235th when this was posted. So was expecting to receive this week to use with the GPU.

Last edited:
Associate
Where did I post or say this?

My only post regarding 5900X is 200pc incoming which arrived though I think around 30 units were missing which warehouse is investigating, not sure what this additional 85 is but is possible the numbers have got mixed up along the way.

Outstanding is:
300 from launch, yes still overdue
844 due end of December
30 units possibly due this week but unconfirmed
55 units grey stock, so maybe with the above is the 85 your thinking, but I do not recall posting that info on the forum.

I just saw the actual scalping competitor eb..er (they are scalping that isn't an increase due of increase stock price) they just put 5995x expected 31st December at like nearly 1k hahaha for a CPU that's a joke, already is for a GPU:D

Seems for December they are promising big numbers but again honestly I think most people just rather wait now, by the time production is in full swing you are months away from the refresh and who is on Intel and maybe not too sure about changing can wait to see what Rocket Lake has to offer (except fanboys of course, but I don't count them).

There is really too little even to get excited, 30 units here, 60 units there, not even pre-order are available, and honestly not even on competitor with 100 unit outstanding to fulfil which is very little :) unless one is running a 1050ti and 4790k see the disastrous situation of which covid has little to do there is no reason to even bothering anymore, very anti climax.

I would add the number of preorder to the page too Gibbo, really help becasue you may be better off but one may feel safer to purchase where can offer himself/herself as guesstimate... IMHO

Surely people that went and wrote reviews are just frustrated nerds, they are just PC Parts not bread or milk :D

Associate
i think the confusion has come from the fact that last week you said 200 units coming this week. From what you've now described those 200 units came end of last week (early) and therefore a lot of people (myself included) thought there were still 200 due this week. Just a slight confusion based on this that you have now cleared up. Hopefully those backorders will arrive soon.

OcUK Staff
OP
i think the confusion has come from the fact that last week you said 200 units coming this week. From what you've now described those 200 units came end of last week (early) and therefore a lot of people (myself included) thought there were still 200 due this week. Just a slight confusion based on this that you have now cleared up. Hopefully those backorders will arrive soon.

Yes the 200 order landed, so some units are missing, the 85 has not yet arrived yet, with no updates.

Associate
Have you read the bit about 2000 of each coming and clearing all back orders, how is that not good news?
Unfortunately not good news for me - from Rep of Ireland so I have to get CPU strictly before 31 Dec, or risk paying huge import tax because of Brexit.
With only 14 5600X incoming and my queue position is 15 - means chances are I would have to cancel my order and seek CPU elsewhere in EU - but EU don't sell Ryzen 3 to Ireland, cause those are supposed to be sourced from UK...

Back
Top Bottom