• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Soldato
178 down to 76 today. What happened to those 300 ****** units?

How the hell is ef*fing censored haaaa.

This whole situation is ridiculous I wont be supporting this place again the cpu will be my last order.

Associate
am I being unreasonable in expecting to be placed at the front of the queue? As a day one (first hour) customer with a unit that required an RMA?

I'm sure I read on the graphics forum that someone who had to RMA a 3080 got a replacement straight away, didn't have to go to back of queue again, presume the same for cpu's

Soldato
People think otherwise as they haven't seen any info on that happening. Why not shout about this fact from somewhere? An email to all those with outstanding orders or just update the shipment thread?

People are turning hostile in this thread purely due to lack of information and clarity.

There really is a consistent lack of communication going on here. It's great they are shipping out orders on Sundays and it is appreciated. But keeping customers informed is basic stuff and it takes very little effort to do so.

It isn't like only their CPU is the only product. Not to mention they state on their website delays as they have less staff in each day because of social distancing requirements and similar. It isn't like they are working at 100% They have teams there 24 hours because I have often had emails at 3am saying it is dispatched and picked and on Sundays too (have had about 5-6 orders from them in last month). Why should they need to be shouting about it? It seems odd that people are getting so stressed. If it was to all those that have outstanding orders they would need to email tens of thousands as technically all mine were outstanding as all took a few days after order to ship even with items in stock because of the above.

The information they have they post and it is still getting people turning hostile because it isn't their exact product or they day they want it but Gibbo has been posting at least weekly with updates in the thread I linked previous. Last was last Tuesday cause that was last update on stock arrival whilst he was working. It isn't like any other company is going any better, the competitors I have contacted to try and get one have all said sorry we have no info at the moment and that is it. One is doing a slightly better job but not by much and actually contacting them direct doesn't get any different answers. Just that they have a better tracking front page for it.

Not suggesting things here are perfect but honestly they are not as bad as the people screaming in the threads either and at end of day this is on AMD & Nvidia more than any store with the issues as they have created these situations in terms of release etc. Both seem like they should have been releasing new products in Feb/March rather than in the last few months.

Associate
Oh yeah boys, got the queue email: You are currently in queue position 13. - 5950X (from 111 at 27th Nov)
Its getting exciting now :)

Associate
Long time lurker on the forums and long time customer too, but made an account as my position went from 256 to 152. How the eff have other people moved more? Or that person gone from like 7 to 4?
Thats fishy as hell!
Is there a secondary list they're using that lets people skip the queue? What is the point in the queue and the whole notification system if its not even being followed?
I don't mind waiting if i know my position in the queue is what they say it is, but if people are being jumped ahead then I'm pi**ed off royally

Associate
Long time lurker on the forums and long time customer too, but made an account as my position went from 256 to 152. How the eff have other people moved more? Or that person gone from like 7 to 4?
Thats fishy as hell!
Is there a secondary list they're using that lets people skip the queue? What is the point in the queue and the whole notification system if its not even being followed?
I don't mind waiting if i know my position in the queue is what they say it is, but if people are being jumped ahead then I'm pi**ed off royally

this weeks updates have been very strange, when i was on the 3080 queue it was all normal weekly moves up the queue, and for the last three weeks the 5900x queue has been moving normally. this week though it has all gone very strange.

Associate
For clarification to everyone confused as to why people are annoyed.

From a 5900X buyers perspective.

I have seen numerous people hundreds of positions above me in the queue receive confirmed shipping before me. The justification I would imagine is they know they have enough chips and are sending them out by region. However, the latest update for 5900X suggests that 300x chips would arrive last week.

So to clarify with made up numbers.

Week 1: position 500
Week 2: position 450
Week 3: position 400
Week 4: Position 350
Also Week 4: Hey guys I got my chip, I was position 600

Does this mean I am getting my chip?
Does this mean they are sending them out to specific customers ignoring the queue entirely?

No body knows. However, according to people here, we shouldn't be disgruntled for a number of random reasons such as.

1) They didn't have to have a queue system
A) They didn't, but they do. That's part of the reason why I gave them my money because it seemed like an easy way to guarantee I would get a chip. As is, people who ordered after me are getting them before me.

2) Complaining won't speed it up
A) If they are a legit company, it also shouldn't slow it down. But it can help apply pressure to get them to actually provide coherent updates.

3) All components are slow, they are trying their best.
A) It takes 2 minutes to open OCUK forum and type in an update. They are not trying their best. The picking and packing employees are doing what their managers tell them to do. All we want to know is what the managers are telling them.

4) Just wait, stop being impatient.
A) At this point in time, OCUK have (seemingly) received more chips than my queue position at launch. However, I still have not had confirmed shipping.

Associate
Position 260 to 156 for a 5900x...

If the expected 300 unit shipment arrived then could this mean there have been a lot of returns?
not if the queue position I received today is to be believed, I've been placed at the back of the queue after an RMA request meaning that returns have no bearing on the front of the queue

Associate
61X on the 28th. 49X today.

118 positions down...

Oh dear, appears those 300 or so didn't turn up, nor did all of the 200 or so that were supposed to come for the week.

Gibbo gone quiet... I can only imagine for one professional reason in that they have turned up late and it's all hands on deck in the picking warehouse. Or not...

OCuk, what is the point of a forum if you can't master basic **** like posting two sentences as to what has happened or is happening? Most other shops don't have a forum re- Csan ect... It's what makes OCuk different.

Associate
Just got my 5600x que update today. "You are currently in queue position 542"
I was in position 909 the week before so i'm guessing ill be getting mine before the end of 2020/start of 2021

Associate
Well I went from 511 to 400, so I guess if there are still 300 more in the pipeline, hopefully for this week that is at least promising. I do wonder how much I should trust the numbers people are saying though, without actual verification they could just be trying to wind people up.

It'll arrive eventually I guess!

Back
Top Bottom