• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 7950x Liquid Metal?

Associate
Hi all guys, I'm a new user, I apologize in advance for my bad English, I'm Italian, sorry.

I immediately explain the "problem"
I have a custom loop with two 360mm radiators (one of which 60mm with push pull fans), Ekwb Kinetic pump. I am only cooling my CPU, the GPU is air cooled.
The liquid temperature is around 18/20 degrees for light use and reaches a maximum of 25 degrees with video games. Temperature of my room 17/18 degrees.

They are aware that the new Ryzen 7000 are CPUs that warm up a lot, but cannot understand how a forum user (Matt B) manages to keep the temperatures much lower than mine. He told me that he only uses a 360mm aio with liquid metal, without Delid.

He manages to keep 46 degrees with the 160+ Watt CPU, it is incredible.

video:

I am using the Arctic MX-6 thermal paste
My CPU is limited to 175 watts with manual enabled PBO and Optimizer CCD0 -20 and CCD1 -25 curves
5.5GHz clock limit
Matt instead 5.85ghz
If I enable Medium Boost Load then unlock the clock up to 5.85GHz the tension is very high (1.4/1.45V) and I have temperatures ranging from 60/65/68 degrees
There is a big difference between me and him.

My question is: how do you have those temperatures? Is it possible that liquid metal is so important?

Last edited:
There is a good improvement from using liquid metal vs paste for any cpu.

It's much better than any paste.

Not sure about it getting you 20 degrees less on a non-delidded cpu but it will be less.

Last edited:
C'è un buon miglioramento dall'uso di metallo liquido rispetto a pasta per qualsiasi CPU.

È molto meglio di qualsiasi pasta.

Non sono sicuro che ti farà ottenere 20 gradi in meno su una CPU non delidrata, ma sarà inferiore.
Thank you for answering me. I didn't know that liquid metal could make such a big difference. However, the mystery remains of how he manages to keep the temperatures so low. I don't think he lives on a mountain in -10 degrees, lol.

Last edited:
Could it simply be down to the block used? I remember when the 5000 series came out and offset bracket was released for my AIO (Artic freezer ii) and that dropped temps at least 10 degrees going from memory.

Well I've found whose demo that was: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...900x3d-7800x3d.18963722/page-34#post-36186025

@LtMatt any special sauce on your 7950X?
Few things to note, when I recorded that video we had a cold snap, so ambient temp was really low and I had my window open. If you look at some of my other videos, you'll generally see a higher (albeit still good) CPU temperature. I also had fans at 100% fan speed, liquid metal and my mount was excellent so great contact too. Lastly, I report the CPU Die temp (average), not the CPU Tdie temperature which is the hottest temperature sensor in the CPU. I do this as the average temp more represents the temperature of the CPU as a whole. If you are checking Tdie temperature, then you should subtract 3-4c and that will be the sensor I monitor. Here's a screenshot from HWINFO64 showing you what I mean.
MDx4noi.png

Last edited:
Matt's temps on his cpu and gpu are always really low; you'll struggle to match or beat his temps :)

There are ways to brute force those temps, you can do what Jaytwocentz does and stick a portable air conditioner on the case to pump in constant chilled air but it's not practical. You could also stick your case outside when it's cold to get access to chilled air or like Matt mentioned open the windows to make the room freezing but this also isn't practical as then you'll be freezing with the PC

One of the members of LTT YouTube channel a while back built a self contained chamber for his PC - the chamber allows him to keep the PC inside his room but the PC is constantly fed with air from outside the house and the exhaust air from the PC goes back outside as well, this seemed to significantly lower temps and will have a greater effect the lower the outside temps are and it has little effect on the temp of the room so you don't freeze.

Last edited:
From what I've seen kryonaut will net you about 2c over mx5. If you go over 80c regularly you might be affected by the heat pump issue when using lm, I need to look into that more though.

Matt's temps on his cpu and gpu are always really low; you'll struggle to match or beat his temps :)

There are ways to brute force those temps, you can do what Jaytwocentz does and stick a portable air conditioner on the case to pump in constant chilled air but it's not practical. You could also stick your case outside when it's cold to get access to chilled air or like Matt mentioned open the windows to make the room freezing but this also isn't practical as then you'll be freezing with the PC

One of the members of LTT YouTube channel a while back built a self contained chamber for his PC - the chamber allows him to keep the PC inside his room but the PC is constantly fed with air from outside the house and the exhaust air from the PC goes back outside as well, this seemed to significantly lower temps and will have a greater effect the lower the outside temps are and it has little effect on the temp of the room so you don't freeze.
Nice I've been debating creating a chamber!

Last edited:
Hi all guys, I'm a new user, I apologize in advance for my bad English, I'm Italian, sorry.

He manages to keep 46 degrees with the 160+ Watt CPU, it is incredible.

If I enable Medium Boost Load then unlock the clock up to 5.85GHz the tension is very high (1.4/1.45V) and I have temperatures ranging from 60/65/68 degrees

My question is: how do you have those temperatures? Is it possible that liquid metal is so important?
Your CPU is fine. It's operating within spec, he might just have won the silicon lottery and has a top sample that runs cooler than 99.9% of all other CPUS of the same model.

YOu are stressing for no reason. Just enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom