Ryzen ITX Motherboards

Soldato
Currently in the process of buying the hardware to build an ITX system but can anyone recommend to me a solid ITX motherboard for a 7600X?

Soldato
Currently in the process of buying the hardware to build an ITX system but can anyone recommend to me a solid ITX motherboard for a 7600X?

After looking at motherboards I settled on this one with a 7800X3D

ASUS ROG Strix AMD B650E-I Gaming WiFi PCIe 5.0 DDR5 mini-ITX Motherboard​

Not much point of the higher chipsets as you can only fit so much in the ITX form factor. Still has PCI-E 5.0 for the GPU & 1 of the M.2 slots for future proofing.

Soldato

Not much point of the higher chipsets as you can only fit so much in the ITX form factor. Still has PCI-E 5.0 for the GPU & 1 of the M.2 slots for future proofing.

Great board tbh, been looking at this one to pair with a 7800x3d also to upgrade from my 12700k but gonna wait to see what next gen brings since im not desperate before i jump ship.

Soldato
OP

Yup as @bimbleuk said, I have one of these boards in my Mrs machine, its a great board and never had any problems with it, its got my 7900X3D in it under jurist, and 32gb G.skill Trident Z5 6000mhz running buildzoids easy DDR5 timings.
Great board tbh, been looking at this one to pair with a 7800x3d also to upgrade from my 12700k but gonna wait to see what next gen brings since im not desperate before i jump ship.

I was looking at this suggestion and the ASRock offerings earlier, any coil whinge from this board... read a few users reporting their boards where whining?

Associate
I'm on the AM4 chipset using a ASRock B550 ITX and it's not great. I can't get the rear io ports working for headphones/microphone use and it's VRM cooling is poor. The rear io problems seem to be a common occurrence and they existed before the B550 chipset and I don't think it'll be any better on future chipsets.

Soldato
I was looking at this suggestion and the ASRock offerings earlier, any coil whinge from this board... read a few users reporting their boards where whining?

The only downside of the ASRock B650 Lightening board is it only has a Gen 4 PCI-e slot, the only Gen 5 it has is 1 x M.2 slot, for the same price as the ASUS board, I had a look at the MSI ITX board too as ive had great results with MSI in the past but no Gen 5 at all on that one, also ive not had any issues with coil whine on either of my ASUS boards, ive got the X670e Gene and the Mrs has got the B650-E ITX, I also had a look at the ASUS X670E ITX and for double the price of the B650 version I couldnt really see any difference except for the external audio thingy it comes with so really not worth it.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I can't comment for AM5, but I have a MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC, and it's been nothing but perfect for what it is! I didn't chose it myself, I bought it off a friend, and it's treated me very well, along with the BIOS even being updated recently :) it 'just works' and has a decent feature set for it's age/price point.
I have a MATX B550M MSI MORTAR MAX Wifi and that's also stellar, so I think anything mid to high range from MSI must be pretty decent with newer board tech?

I think the old rule of thumb of sticking to the OG brands, usually still reigns true, I couldn't spend the mad high end £3-500 people do on some boards now though!

Soldato
I have an NR200P MAX on the desktop just to the right of my mouse and I'm not hearing any coil whine. I had to RMA the original case PSU due to coil whine so I am bothered by it when it's there.

Soldato
I had a i7 12700k before and it's not that much different in a lot of games only those that specifically benefit from the 3D cache. I'd wait and see too. Actually due to the additional cores in the 12700k the i7 is faster for productivity which wasn't a requirement for me.

I tend to build a lot of PCs not just for me so it's easier for me to try out different combinations.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks folks for the feedback, appreciated! I'm settled on the Strix as my next purchase.

Now... the case is going to be a little tricky, so many nice options??? Thinking Lian Li Dan, Shift XT, Terra or wait for the new NR200P V2?

Soldato
Thanks folks for the feedback, appreciated! I'm settled on the Strix as my next purchase.

Now... the case is going to be a little tricky, so many nice options??? Thinking Lian Li Dan, Shift XT, Terra or wait for the new NR200P V2?
From what I've seen the NR200P v2 is based on the MAX which came after the original NR200P.

To me the NR200P MAX is good value as it comes pre-fitted with a PSU & 280mm AIO. I also like the nVidia 4xxx FE GPUs in this case as the black and grey compliments in an understated way.

Unless you want to show off the internals more. You may have a lot of the parts already of course.

7fZ36SE.jpg

Soldato
OP
From what I've seen the NR200P v2 is based on the MAX which came after the original NR200P.

To me the NR200P MAX is good value as it comes pre-fitted with a PSU & 280mm AIO. I also like the nVidia 4xxx FE GPUs in this case as the black and grey compliments in an understated way.

Unless you want to show off the internals more. You may have a lot of the parts already of course.

7fZ36SE.jpg

Never seems to be in-stock unfortunately for me. I may have to settle for the Shift XT?

Associate
just bought the Gigabyte AMD B550 AORUS B550I PRO AX WiFi AM4 mobo, tbh its been flawless so far. the only issue i had was getting the drivers installed initially as they don't give you the drivers for the Wifi chip. windows didn't recognize it either and everything i installed from Gigabytes website didnt work and i tried everything! the only thing i could do was connect an eithernet cable and use the Giga's update software tool to install the right driver.

Lame Gigabyte! zero points out of ten there! but still the board has been very good once its all up and running, so maybe go Gigabyte.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Be careful with the Shift XT, its not nicknamed the toaster because you can expand it, theres no room for any fans in it at all except 2 exhaust.

Roger that and avoid it, purchased the Lian Li Dan H2O instead. Just returned from holiday and still undecided on the board... this is the last piece of the build I need now.

Back
Top Bottom