S2000: Operation Semi-Shaved

Soldato
OP
It reminds me of those chav Audi grills people but on that are really long if you get me, they look like a beard.

Like this :

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j249/petrolpower/large3.jpg

Did I post different pictures in my OP? I am not seeing the resemblance? :confused:

Edit - the light/shadow casting in my pictures is not the best so I can SOOORT of see how you get the impression of this. Might be because you think part of what is actually paintwork is grille.

Last edited:
Soldato
I remebered seeing a program about a car that had to go through checks to make sure it was road legal (a kit car). I was sure it talked about numberplate positioning. Thinking back, it might have been indicators :p

Soldato
Sticker plates are illegal now afaik?

And yes, it's a trade off. It does not look perfect but it looks better imo. It will not be to everyone's tastes but with the limited options available I am happy with it.

Sucks we have to run front plates at all in the UK. Major envy of US states where it is optional :(

Who cares? :p I run a 3/4 size vinyl one on my crappy Insight.

Each state has different laws, it's not that's it optional.

Soldato
OP
I don't actually like the no badge look. It's the reason I chose to have slightly subtler smaller black chrome badges rather than shave/fill entirely.

Soldato
OP
I went and took some pics in better lighting conditions.

semi_shave_7.JPG

semi_shave_8.JPG

semi_shave_9.JPG

semi_shave_10.JPG

semi_shave_11.JPG

semi_shave_12.JPG

semi_shave_13.JPG

Soldato
Honestly thought I was looking at a MX-5 for a moment, not a good change if it can do that.

The only changes are the numberplate being moved off a plinth and the headlight washers removed. How can that suddenly make it look more like an MX5 (especially as the MX5 has a numberplate plinth as well)?

Back
Top Bottom