S22 Ultra GPS issue

Soldato
Hey.

Anyone else with an S22 Ultra?

I have the 512GB version, and I've found that the GPS signal drops to zero when inside a building... and more importantly in a car.

My S21 Ultra works fine in both situations.

I've contacted O2 and they are sending a new one for delivery tomorrow.

I was wondering if any other users had this issue?

Soldato
OP
Update on this...

My replacement isn't arriving today. As they have no stock.
The chap said they did... but oh well. 4 week wait.

Back on my S21 Ultra for now. My poor 3yr old has had to give up his new toy LOL

Man of Honour
Rumours on that thread of a firmware fix, just got the GOS firmware update now, so will check GPS over next couple of days

Associate
i've had issues when i a really poor signal area and then trying to connect to android auto.

It's obviously a firmware fix and a restart sorts it right out. I've never had issues where it randomly loses GPS during long drives

Soldato
OP
Updated to latest firmware via Odin.

I've pushed my files back on.

Will test it today, see if the update has fixed the GPS issue.

I doubt it will have.

Associate
have same issue, when on assisted gps (ie. on a wifi network) then it locks on just fine, but venture out on the road and it will randomly not find any satellites and thus no google maps working. only a reboot fixes things

plenty of people seem to have the issue so it seems its not reason to return your phone, hopefully the fix comes out in the next software update

Soldato
OP
have same issue, when on assisted gps (ie. on a wifi network) then it locks on just fine, but venture out on the road and it will randomly not find any satellites and thus no google maps working. only a reboot fixes things

plenty of people seem to have the issue so it seems its not reason to return your phone, hopefully the fix comes out in the next software update

"Hopefully", isn't suitable.
I've set up a return, because its within 30 days, and doing so establishes that there is an issue.
Which means, even after 30 day's, if the issue still is present, even in the new device, I have the right to return it for a refund.
Once over that 30 days, it becomes a battle.

Man of Honour
Samsung chat support:

Kindly be advised that Samsung is preparing a Software Update to fix this issue, so please ensure your device is on the latest software version.

As a temporary resolution, you just have to reboot the device once the problem occurs.

Soldato
OP
New S22 Ultra is arriving today.

They just got new stock clearly.

Delivery is pre 10:30am.

Here's hoping there is no GPS issue with this one. Although, if it's a software fault like they say, it should have the same issues.

If it however works... then its a hardware issue.

Soldato
OP
good stuff, looking forward to hearing if it has the same issue or not.

ensure for your testing that you are not connected to wifi

I've had the phone on all day.

Checked GPS now and again.

Every time I open the GPS status app, it finds 24-26 sat's more then my S21 does.

Not lost them yet, vast improvement over the previous S22 Ultra.. !

Back
Top Bottom