Sabrent Rocket 512GB NVMe - Write speed variance when benchmarking

Associate
Hi guys, was a bit bored decided to have a check of my SSD to make sure its up to speed and I think I might be getting weird results (not an expert on storage).

I have a Sabrent Rocket 512GB NVMe, so from the spec below it should be getting Max Sequential Write of 2000 (MB/s)
tKqIN0h.png

However when I tested using CrystalDiskMark I was getting a max write of 802 (MB/s) so much lower than spec. I then tried ATTO Disk Benchmark and I think it shows peaks of around 2340 (MB/s) so much better but shows large variance depending on size. Having had a quick Google of other peoples ATTO graph results generally shows write speeds past 64KB should peak and plateau. Last I tried AS SSD Benchmark and I finally received an appropriate Seq Write but now Seq Read is slightly lower than it should be.

MCTdl2D.png

So overall I'm slightly confused about why my drive is getting such variable results. Likely something to do with how fully my drive is and how different programs test in different ways, but the difference of Seq write speed seems a bit odd. Could any expert out there shine some light about my results, it would be really appreciated? Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom