• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Safest place to sell

I usually post on Gumtree and ignore lowball offers. BT/Monzo/Cash on collection. Also used another forum classifieds (not sure if I'm able to mention), sent items before receiving the payment with high rating users, had no issues.

Well. I have sold lots of stuff on eBay, and you probably get prices that may be better than CEX. But you have the issue of

1) Extra fees at the end of the month on your sale.
2) Postage, I usually underestimate the fee.

CEX is safest. But they are picky on the stuff they take in, lousy prices for immaculate goods. Which they then sell for more than brand new on occasion...

I keep hearing horror stories of scams on Facebook, cars, an Xbox One S (turns out it was cheap due to being a banned console). Selling, well maybe still risky.

Well. I have sold lots of stuff on eBay, and you probably get prices that may be better than CEX. But you have the issue of

1) Extra fees at the end of the month on your sale.
2) Postage, I usually underestimate the fee.

CEX is safest. But they are picky on the stuff they take in, lousy prices for immaculate goods. Which they then sell for more than brand new on occasion...

I keep hearing horror stories of scams on Facebook, cars, an Xbox One S (turns out it was cheap due to being a banned console). Selling, well maybe still risky.

Quick cash then sell to CEX however your best bet would be to sell on the OCUK members marketplace. eBay I'd consider as a last resort when it comes to electronics especially PC gear. CEX can somewhat be strange on grading, they try a mark down on something that is truly mint condition... Grade B in one store, try another store and get a grade A?

Quick cash then sell to CEX however your best bet would be to sell on the OCUK members marketplace. eBay I'd consider as a last resort when it comes to electronics especially PC gear. CEX can somewhat be strange on grading, they try a mark down on something that is truly mint condition... Grade B in one store, try another store and get a grade A?

agree mate, CEX can be hit or miss. My one are very anal, I keep everything of mine mint, and the times I get A grade is few and far between! It does annoy me sometimes! :mad:

I've sold a few cards on eBay (1080ti, 5700XT, 7600, 4070Ti) and it's been OK. You'll probably be OK with a 3070Ti, but I wouldn't rely on it to make rent etc.

I would be concerned with something like the 4090, I don't know where I will sell mine when the time comes...

Back
Top Bottom