• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Safest place to sell

Associate
eBay is hit and miss, if you do use it wait for an 80% of fees which comes round relatively regularly

There are other forums that have members markets too, I use AVforums a fair bit which always works out well

Associate
Is there a dedicated Facebook group dealing in used computer parts, I find the dedicated sales groups a bit safer than the general FB market place

Soldato
I've always used OcUK MM, Facebook or Ebay. OcUK definately the easiest and most hassle free but OP doesn't access unfortunately. Facebook is alright but if your sensible, lots of people trying to scam you and others offering you £5 and they can collect now :rolleyes: regardless of what your asking price is. Ebay I've personally not had any issues with and always found you get the most money but you run the risk of the buyer screwing you over and Ebay always sides with the buyer apparently.

Soldato
agree mate, CEX can be hit or miss. My one are very anal, I keep everything of mine mint, and the times I get A grade is few and far between! It does annoy me sometimes! :mad:

The littlest of creeses on a box that might require a magnifying glass they'll ave ya! I've noticed the attitudes are appalling on occasions, it's almost like they are doing you the favour!

Soldato
The littlest of creeses on a box that might require a magnifying glass they'll ave ya! I've noticed the attitudes are appalling on occasions, it's almost like they are doing you the favour!
I sold a 6700xt to my local CEX that I bought from you which was in great condition and the chap did not care for how it was boxed whatso ever!

Associate
I sold a 6700xt to my local CEX that I bought from you which was in great condition and the chap did not care for how it was boxed whatso ever!
Yeah same, my local CEX that I used to trade my 3080 in during the height of covid didn't care for the box condition or that, just tested it booted and that was it.

Soldato

I think milage may vary with certain stores and staff, only now and again I've used CeX but try to steer clear unless I want something straight away and without sometimes fuss.

Caporegime
A 3070ti would probably be ok on ebay, although it can be rife with scammers. I wouldn't sell a really high priced gpu (or anything high priced really) on there though. Technology is probably the thing most prone to getting fleeced by buyers on ebay.

Safest would obviously be a private sale through an established forum (like members market on here) with bank transfer used as payment.

Man of Honour
I wouldn't sell a really high priced gpu (or anything high priced really) on there though
My experience is that scammers will have literally anything there, even something for £5, because the buyer protection is so biased and no action is taken even after months of blatant abuse.

Associate
I have been very lucky on ebay for now, but I have heards increased report of scammers there :/ but still, without access to MM, its either ebay or cex.

Back
Top Bottom