Saints Row 2 Appreciation Thread

Soldato
Well this game actually is rubbish. I feel kinda bad that I spent £3.75 now. Thank god I didn't pay more.

This was my initial reaction too. But it actually gets better the further you get into it. Graphics are a bit bland and the car handling is a bit dodgy especially with the faster cars but aside from that it's ok.

Have you patched it yet?. It helps, one of the patches removes the fps cap for a start. :cool:

Soldato
Well its on steam so I assume its all patched up. Just don't like the look of the game world and the car handling is useless. Also it seems to be hard to setup my wireless 360 pad. It looked as though it was setup but then didn't work. Also the car handling is obismal.

Soldato
Totally agree on the car handling but I think you get used to it, seems to be worse with the quicker vehicles.

Go into options and bang absolutely everything up to max in display options, seems to improve the visuals slightly although not by much!!.

Associate
I really enjoyed what I played of it earlier this week. It's just a shame it runs so badly, it constantly jumps between 20 and 30 fps for me making it feel slow and stuttery and even when the view distance is maxed cars seem to fade into view quite close. Turning Dynamic Lighting off gives a big boost but then it looks absolutely fugly. It's a shame really since it really was fun to play.

Permabanned
Got it for £3,75.

I like it .. no crashes and fine frame rates. Have got a powerful machine though.

It's very tongue in cheek. And there's plenty of stuff to do ..

Worth a punt at that price ..

Associate
Got this for £3.75 off steam .. great game, graphics / game seem good to me BUT WTF IS GOING ON WHEN DRIVING THE CARS, IT STUTTERS LIKE A MOFO ! Any fix for this?

Last edited:
Soldato
Dunno m8, the patches are supposed to address this to a certain extent and also include a framerate cap removal but to be honest I have already applied the patches and it's not much better. I've just got used to it now. :p

I only really see stuttering when driving one of the fastest available cars, not that this helps!!. :cool:

Permabanned
Tons of complaints on the Saints Row forums about the stuttering, and they have officially announced that there will never be another patch so I'm afraid we'll have to put up with it :)

Soldato
I downloaded it yesterday and had a little go this morning before work, during the jail break being on foot everything was fine, as soon as I jumped in a police car and hit accelerate the car seemed to go about 100mph and flip into the river in about a second, maybe I need to turn V Sync on...

Man of Honour
Just had a bash at this, hugely disappointing:

-Graphics are pretty basic, GTA:SA standard at best
-Performance is shocking considering how poor it looks, it runs at about 45-85fps on a 3.8ghz i5 with GTX470
-Can't even launch the game with secondary monitor enabled
-Car handling is absolutely ridiculous, it's kinda like having the Hot Rod, Grip-o-matic tyre and Instant Handbrake powerups from Carma all the time. You can be zooming along flat out then just pull a handbrake turn and blast off in the opposite direction. I know it is an arcade style game but even so...
-Wheel mechanism for choosing weapons is terrible, I find it impossible to select the one in the top right using the mouse
-Black borders when playing in widescreen aspect ratio

I am struggling to think of a game with worse bling*fps product, it looks like a 2005 game (very much xbox/ps2 era) but runs with a 2011 framerate.

Soldato
Just had a bash at this, hugely disappointing:

-Graphics are pretty basic, GTA:SA standard at best
-Performance is shocking considering how poor it looks, it runs at about 45-85fps on a 3.8ghz i5 with GTX470
-Can't even launch the game with secondary monitor enabled
-Car handling is absolutely ridiculous, it's kinda like having the Hot Rod, Grip-o-matic tyre and Instant Handbrake powerups from Carma all the time. You can be zooming along flat out then just pull a handbrake turn and blast off in the opposite direction. I know it is an arcade style game but even so...
-Wheel mechanism for choosing weapons is terrible, I find it impossible to select the one in the top right using the mouse
-Black borders when playing in widescreen aspect ratio

I am struggling to think of a game with worse bling*fps product, it looks like a 2005 game (very much xbox/ps2 era) but runs with a 2011 framerate.

i couldnt agree more, i was told its an awesome game. i thought it was tripe personally :(

Back
Top Bottom