Sales Calls - Shouldnt there be a Law against this!!

Associate
I am sick of sales calls.

Just got a phone line for the first time in years and all i keep getting are Sales calls selling me this or telling me about credit card stuff.

As the UK is the most messed up country for pointless laws surly they would have invented one that stops these mupets calling me during my personnel time.

Any thoughts, anyone as peed off as me.

Associate
OP
Thanks lads, never knew about this,. Maybe as im new to a home line.

But Dam are they doing my head in, and worst part is they are rude.

Man of Honour
You have to be dead hard like me.
Either tell them your Mum & Dad aren't in or do my latest one - put the phone down, let them talk to themselves, pick phone up 1 minute later and see if they're still there.

Soldato
Just scream down the phone then hang up.

I had someone phone me up today asking if I wanted to do a survey, they asked when I would be available I said 1 week and 3 days and 6 hours and 28 minutes then said thanks like it was legit and hung up. Will they phone back?

Haha.

Man of Honour
i get sales calls about 4-8 times a day & 2-3 text ones too!! poxy things! & we are ex-dir!!

Telephone Preference Service. Just contact them and sign up. You go on a "do not call this number, ever" list which stops nearly all sales calls. The only ones I get now are from businesses I am already a customer of, e.g. my ISP trying to get me to use them for my phone service and my phone company trying to get me to use them as an ISP.

I also get recorded sales messages from the USA, which are impossible to stop but thankfully rare.

Back
Top Bottom