Samsung announces 2024 OLED monitors - CES 2024

Soldato
Just to fix a comment I made previously.

Samsung says it's 3rd gen QD-OLED panels come with a new pixel compensation system that adjusts how the compensation works for every individual panel based on how the owner uses it.

I said this improves burn in resistance by 50% but this is incorrect. 50% is for the TVs only, but for the QD-OLED monitors, the pixel compensation is tuned to be more aggressive and increases burn in resistance by 100% vs Gen 2 panels.

3rd gen sounding good, I was thinking must be on the 2nd by now but time flies so its good there on the 3rd and addressing the text and burn in issues.

One thing I didn't like with Samsung they finally released the 42 and 48" TVs and there still using the old LG OLED panels underneath, I would have thought Samsungs 3rd gen QD-OLED TVs would be able to cut that OLED glass size down to 42"/48" size panels.

It also makes things somewhat confusing given how much Samsung pushed the whole QD-OLED being the next gen "OLED" panel, since they then use the old OLED panels, if they did that on the gaming OLED range their would be war of the worlds:D

Back
Top Bottom