Samsung announces 2024 OLED monitors - CES 2024

Associate
**** off dude you just got the G95!!!!! :p

Let's just say 4K 240hz is basically what I always wanted but wasn't on the market :) the fact most of them will double down as 480hz 1080p monitors is crazy :)

I love the ultrawide for video editing + single player games, but have found myself going 16:9 a lot in fps games as the months passed. Didn't at 1st, and it can be handy picking out enemies I wouldn't otherwise see. However you do get the fish lens I was warned about in some games (The Finals) comes to mind the most. So I end up playing at 2560x1440 or 1080p a lot (for the higher fps as well)

Caporegime
Let's just say 4K 240hz is basically what I always wanted but wasn't on the market :) the fact most of them will double down as 480hz 1080p monitors is crazy :)
Yeah those do look sweet AF tbf, looking like maybe Q3 in UK/Europe so not exactly round the corner! A 16:9 sitting closer with great fidelity is a great option too, and like you say easier to fit into your vision :)

Caporegime
image.png

Associate
Love my alienware ultrawide QD oled. Had it since launch, use it 10 hours a day for work and games, no hint of Burn in. Definitely going to grab the 4k 240hz and sell this one. Only monitor I would prefer over this is an ultrawide 4k equivalent. Thats endgame for me.

Soldato
OP
Just to fix a comment I made previously.

Samsung says it's 3rd gen QD-OLED panels come with a new pixel compensation system that adjusts how the compensation works for every individual panel based on how the owner uses it.

I said this improves burn in resistance by 50% but this is incorrect. 50% is for the TVs only, but for the QD-OLED monitors, the pixel compensation is tuned to be more aggressive and increases burn in resistance by 100% vs Gen 2 panels.

Associate
Just to fix a comment I made previously.

Samsung says it's 3rd gen QD-OLED panels come with a new pixel compensation system that adjusts how the compensation works for every individual panel based on how the owner uses it.

I said this improves burn in resistance by 50% but this is incorrect. 50% is for the TVs only, but for the QD-OLED monitors, the pixel compensation is tuned to be more aggressive and increases burn in resistance by 100% vs Gen 2 panels.

Burn in resistance was already decent. Think we are probably getting close to the point now where most people can just stop ever worrying about it.

Back
Top Bottom