Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 (2560 x 1600 - drool)

Soldato
The more I look into this tablet, the more I want it. It's an absolute powerhouse with a great screen and a very productive stylus.

So who's interested?

Specs and features

Here are the main specs and features of the new tablet:

Size: 243.1 x 171.4 x 7.9mm
Weight: 535g
10.1-inch WQXGA Super clear LCD (2560 x 1600 resolution)
2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor (LTE version) / 1.9GHz octa-core Exynos 5 Octa processor (3G/Wi-Fi version)
3GB of RAM
16/32/64GB of storage
microSD support up to 64GB
8-megapixel camera with BSI sensor, and LED flash
2-megapixel camera with BSI sensor
Wi-Fi ac/a/b/g/n (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct
Bluetooth 4.0
USB 2.0
GPS, GLONASS
S Pen
8220mAh battery
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz on top and Samsung features

S1LGap5.jpg.png

tbstNC8.jpg.png

z71zjyp.jpg.png

Soldato
Looking v good in that top review, enough to push it to the top of the list of potential replacements for my n7 with weight and price point being key interlocked factors atm this and a forthcoming 2ng gen n10 are the only ones in with a real chance of becoming my end of year present to myself.

Man of Honour
http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/2014galaxynote10.1/feature.html

The more I look into this tablet, the more I want it. It's an absolute powerhouse with a great screen and a very productive stylus.
So who's interested?

I am very interested and just like you keep coming back to it. As a large size tablet user this one is very hard not to ignore. I may well ditch the Nexus 10 for this one and I can’t see a Nexus 10 successor offering as much as this.

Sure you won’t get the latest Android updates as quickly but these days it’s not much of a show stopper and no doubt it will get Android KitKat. I think I just convinced myself to get one. :D

Soldato
Just managed to 'cascade' my current Note 10.1 to a manager at work. Defo ordering one of these as soon as it comes out!

Doubt I'll pay for it myself though! ;)

i hope they add more functionality in terms of being able to export the s-note files in different formats though - having to use PDF files is a pain

Soldato
OP
Strange samsung put usb 3 on the note 3 but not the new 10.1??

True.

However USB 3 is pretty much wasted here as the internal memory and even SD cards don't saturate the 30MB/s USB 2 speeds. Read's are near that speeds but the all important write is nowhere near.

Lets hope they speed up the NAND sooner rather than later.

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/2014galaxynote10.1/feature.html

I am very interested and just like you keep coming back to it. As a large size tablet user this one is very hard not to ignore. I may well ditch the Nexus 10 for this one and I can’t see a Nexus 10 successor offering as much as this.

Sure you won’t get the latest Android updates as quickly but these days it’s not much of a show stopper and no doubt it will get Android KitKat. I think I just convinced myself to get one. :D

You make a good point, Android is in a very polished state, and this should get alteast 2 major updates.

For me, my next tablet purchase is between this, the new Nexus 10 and the iPad 5. I'll find out in 6-8 weeks.

If price is sensible, definitely looking at this when it is out.

Hopefully this will come in at about £400 and not £500.

Soldato
Spec's are nice. But having owned the new Nexus 7 and the Note 10.1 I prefer a 7" tab for portability and weight. Get the tens to the 7's weight.... I'll be all over it.

Back
Top Bottom