Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
Hi guys,

New S24 Ultra owner and I'm not seeing any WiFi Calling option in Connections?

Screenshot-20240502-093234-Settings.jpg

With Vodafone and WiFi Calling is enabled. Was working fine on my Xiaomi yesterday.

Thoughts?
I appear to sporadically get WiFi Calling, but it isn't constant when on WiFi. Plus, there's no setting to be able to prioritise WiFi Calling over cell. I've been on Live Chat to Vodafone who assure me that everything is okay their end. I haven't had a new sim for a few years though, so could that be an issue?

Soldato
Another Monday where I wake up to a dead phone that requires a hard reset (down volume and power).

There's something wrong with the phone doing some kind of scheduled updates I think. Kind of annoying me now to be honest. Might have to contact Samsung and consider a return or something.

Soldato
Does anyone know how to set a specific sound for an app notification? Missing doorbell visitors on Reolink because it sounds like the other billion notifications...

Associate
Does anyone know how to set a specific sound for an app notification? Missing doorbell visitors on Reolink because it sounds like the other billion notifications...
Try going to the phone settings menu - notifications then scroll down to advanced settings - then scroll down to the bottom - manage notification categories for all apps and turn on.
back to main settings menu, go to apps and open the one you want to change the sound for - click on notifications - scroll to the bottom - notification categories - choose which category sound to change and click on the category and look for sound - click on sound and then choose your new sound.
This needs doing for each category.

Soldato
Try going to the phone settings menu - notifications then scroll down to advanced settings - then scroll down to the bottom - manage notification categories for all apps and turn on.
back to main settings menu, go to apps and open the one you want to change the sound for - click on notifications - scroll to the bottom - notification categories - choose which category sound to change and click on the category and look for sound - click on sound and then choose your new sound.
This needs doing for each category.
Legend thank you. I had no idea about the first half.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Is it possible to dual-app anything other than the mainstream messenger apps? I'm after multiple instances of eBay.

I can't see anything obvious is settings.

Thanks.
Tried Parallel Space? I used that to clone game app. It's a few extra presses and ads etc but it works.

Messenger apps is only thing I can clone within Android itself, if only they allowed all apps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom