Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Caporegime
From those specs, especially from the charging power of only 45W, I'm struggling to see why anyone would spooge £1.2k on one of these when you could have a OnePlus 12 etc. or other Chinese equivalent for 60% of the cost.

Soldato
From those specs, especially from the charging power of only 45W, I'm struggling to see why anyone would spooge £1.2k on one of these when you could have a OnePlus 12 etc. or other Chinese equivalent for 60% of the cost.
agreed, Looking like Oneplus 12 will be my next upgrade I will further try to reduce the cost by getting the Chinese version Oneplus 12 and have it flashed with oxygen rom , so basically the same as if bought from here . I currently see 16GB/512GB £627.18 and no custom charges , pretty sure the prices will lower in the coming months as well

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Don't think anyone pays the RRP, at least not on launch anyway. I paid £780 for my S23U on launch, with the Samsung discount codes and enhanced trade in for my OP 8T.

I've had a few OP/Chinese phones in the past, 6T, 8T, then Oppo X5 Pro, and I can say hands down the S23U is worth the premium. Apart from charge speed, everything is just better. I was sceptical about the 45W after using 80/90W on the Chinese phones but I've got used to it and it's not as slow as I feared.

Also the Chinese phones trade ins and discounts are terrible compared to Samsung, so you don't end up saving the 40% extra cost that you claim.

Also the S24U will be Snapdragon, only the base and plus models will be Exynos.

Soldato
Don't think anyone pays the RRP, at least not on launch anyway. I paid £780 for my S23U on launch, with the Samsung discount codes and enhanced trade in for my OP 8T.

I've had a few OP/Chinese phones in the past, 6T, 8T, then Oppo X5 Pro, and I can say hands down the S23U is worth the premium. Apart from charge speed, everything is just better. I was sceptical about the 45W after using 80/90W on the Chinese phones but I've got used to it and it's not as slow as I feared.

Also the Chinese phones trade ins and discounts are terrible compared to Samsung, so you don't end up saving the 40% extra cost that you claim.

Also the S24U will be Snapdragon, only the base and plus models will be Exynos.

Fair enough, I've gone the other way round and not looked back . The main factor I could buy either Xiaomi and OnePlus Chinese versions for much less and just flash the rom and get SIM only 30 day rolling deals

OnePlus 12 has really caught my eye and after few years with the Xiaomi mi 11

The S23U is perfect at the moment because it's an S-series but also a Note rolled into it. I fail to understand why any S23U owners would want to own something with such similar stats, the 24 vs the 23. I think the only thing Samsung-wise that will tempt me away from the S-series is if they significantly improve the Galaxy Fold line of phones.

Soldato
Very little to entice S23 Ultra users by the looks of it, not that expected any massive improvements.

Hoping we have under screen selfie cameras for that cleaner look by the time I want to upgrade from mine.

Soldato
From the infographic looks like they've ditched the 1TB version. Shame as that's the one wife wants. Any leaks on pricing or largely expecting the same as last year's?

Associate
From the infographic looks like they've ditched the 1TB version. Shame as that's the one wife wants. Any leaks on pricing or largely expecting the same as last year's?

Some EU models are slightly cheaper

Soldato
Soldato
I thought I read that the S24 is going to be a flat screen. I really hate the curved edges so this would be a big positive for me to upgrade over the S23U

Associate
Registration for unpacked is up.

This is what happens at the end of registration, here is the launch offer I assume (plus trade-in)

ap10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom