4. Hopefully, £100 for trade-in of any device

If the S24 128Gb costs £800, you'll get the 256Gb for

£800
- £100 trade-in
- £50 pre-register
- £200 selling watch

= £450

Soldato
Perfect timing, my contract expires end of Jan and I'm still on the original galaxy watch so this works well for me. I've snagged the £50 discount, paired with my S22 ultra to trade with either Samsung or CEX I'm hoping to get a decent deal. I also get 30% EE friends and family discount but given their huge yearly price increases I'm thinking of just going sim only and buying the phone.

Is anyone with O2? Are their speeds/coverage any good? I can get a SIM with my Virgin package but I've not been on O2 for about 10 years.

I already got that by registering my interest with Three. I suspect this is this year's "free" earbuds offer which I had the last two upgrades. My Samsung buds I bought off here are still pretty good. The last ones I gave away as I had Jaybird's then I lost my Jaybird charging case somewhere and bought the buds pro. They actually sound better than the Jaybird's did.

Associate
Not much there to entice me away from my 512gb S22 Ultra tbh, still just little incremental updates. Probably hold out for an S26 at this rate.

Found a case for it already on the rainforest, not an official one but one claimed to have been tested with it. I'd like to see the new official cases from Samsung, but I guess we will have to wait. I vaguely recall them being released early on there in previous years. I usually get one and they do last well and protect it. My S22 Ultra is fairly pristine. Always had a screen protector on it. I was planning on giving to my partner but I might sell it instead.

Soldato
Looks to be AI features that's really pushed this release, guessing will trickle down to older devices in a few months with updates anyway.

Found this on sam mobile.

The Galaxy S24 is rumored to come with several AI-powered features. The company has already announced that Galaxy AI will allow real-time language translation during voice calls. Other leaks and reports have revealed that the Galaxy S24 series will also bring a Generative AI-powered wallpaper generator, weather effects for the lock screen wallpaper, note summarization in Samsung Notes, Generative AI fill for edited images, and the ability to erase subjects from images and videos.

The built-in voice recorder would also offer voice-to-text and tag up to ten people in a voice recording. Samsung Keyboard will offer grammar correction and language improvements. More AI-powered features will likely be announced during the Galaxy Unpacked 2024 event, where the Galaxy S24 will be unveiled.

Reactions: mrk
Soldato
Hmm I'm tempted to get an S24 Ultra to replace my S21+, I've never been 100% happy with the S21+ and much preferred my Note8.
I upgraded from S21U to the S23U last year and can say I noticed quite a decent improvement. You should see a difference whether you go with the S24U or even the S23U.

Associate
Probably going to stick with the S23 Ultra here, I've not had one issue with it and the battery life has been amazing!
The S24 Ultra looks great and I'm sure you guys will be pleased with it.

Soldato
I like looking at the new releases but even I'm not seeing much here which would tempt people away who have the S23. For me, I use the A54. It's a cracking mid-range phone and even I'm not interested. Buy an S24 or S24+ and get a smaller size battery than my ~£250 A54. Just makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom