Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
Live chat don't know a thing, the phone will be picked in the warehouse when they get around to it, could be the 24 or anytime after. Live chat have told me all sorts of nonsense before in the past about delivery dates. It just depends on the stock.
I hope so, ordered it on the 18th Jan and its been preparing dispatch since then.

Associate
Last time I used Samsung Pay it didn't support Monzo and I was coached into also signing up for Curve, and was sent a fancy Samsung branded Curve card, which I later discovered didn't support some features Curve offered, so I ended up having to close the account and create a new one.

Ultimately jacked it and went back to Google Pay on a different device but I guess I'll be asking the same question as you now I'm getting a Samsung again!

Associate
Last time I used Samsung Pay it didn't support Monzo and I was coached into also signing up for Curve, and was sent a fancy Samsung branded Curve card, which I later discovered didn't support some features Curve offered, so I ended up having to close the account and create a new one.

Ultimately jacked it and went back to Google Pay on a different device but I guess I'll be asking the same question as you now I'm getting a Samsung again!
What didn't it support? I signed up last year and it seems like the Samsung Pay+ tier is just the first paid tier of normal Curve to me.

Associate
I don't think there was a paid tier of Curve in 2022. It didn't support Curve Flex from what I remember.

I think Curve paid plans were in the pipeline back then, but Samsung Pay+ didn't support them. It now appears as though it supports just one paid tier which appears to sync with the "Black" tier.

It also seems as though the Samsung Pay+ free tier has been watered down as of November 2023 from a quick Google for "samsung pay+ vs curve". Unsure if the changes affect existing or just now though.

Last edited:
Associate
Nothing has moved at all on my order, still just order confirmed despite it saying it will be delivered on the 24th
Samsung ETA for Flagship phones is always hit and miss. If its a 1 TB one and custom colour and you ordered late in the day then chances are it will be delayed going by last years experiences. Normal colours 512GB are seem to be quicker to ship

Associate
Samsung ETA for Flagship phones is always hit and miss. If its a 1 TB one and custom colour and you ordered late in the day then chances are it will be delayed going by last years experiences. Normal colours 512GB are seem to be quicker to ship
Aye its 512 blue titanium, I will not hold my breath for the 24th

Man of Honour
You'll get a text or email the day before delivery from DPD/Samsung. that's what happened last year.

@mrk are you still using Samsung Pay these days? If so how has it been?

I have both Samsung Pay+ and Google Pay, both work just as well but I prefer the implementation of Samsung Pay and the blacked out Samsung Pay (Curve) card they send which I've used a few times where contactless isn't available like Tesco momentum for petrol fillups etc.

I also prefer the Curve app as it tracks more cashback than Google Pay which is basically just a passthrough to your bank card..

Samsung Pay has never been a problem for me really.

For me all my purchases are done via the Samsung Pay card (whether through Samsung Pay or the physical card).

86AOLk3.png

Dat glare reduction...

Last edited:
Associate
I don't think there was a paid tier of Curve in 2022. It didn't support Curve Flex from what I remember.

I think Curve paid plans were in the pipeline back then, but Samsung Pay+ didn't support them. It now appears as though it supports just one paid tier which appears to sync with the "Black" tier.

It also seems as though the Samsung Pay+ free tier has been watered down as of November 2023 from a quick Google for "samsung pay+ vs curve". Unsure if the changes affect existing or just now though.
Mine hasn't been watered down yet. I did actually see those reports, but I was pretty confused because even now I've still not heard anything. As for Curve Flex, no idea on that one, can't say I really do installment plans so I dunno if I've ever looked into it.

I think if it was downgraded to the free tier, Samsung Pay becomes pretty useless imo since the free curve tier limits you to only 3 cards I think? Far too many banks don't support Samsung Pay, so Curve allowing you to add all your cards kind of made it usable.

Soldato
Got to hand some praise to Samsung's support teams. I never received the £50 discount code from the unpacked event, bought the phone then remembered about the code. Took 20-25 mins on their live web chat to be given a £50 voucher to spend on their website. Picked up the anti-glare screen protectors and the battery pack. Had to pay an extra few quid, but I was going to buy the screen protectors anyway.

If the S24 Ultra is anything like my S22 Ultra then it's going to need a screen protector. I've never owned a device that scratches as easily. It's brushed off the drops etc with no cracking, but is covered in tiny little scratches presumably off my pocket (which never has anything else in it).

Associate
Ordered a 24U 512GB In Grey, managed to get it for £461 with trade in of 23U.

I recall last year that the 23U was shipped a few days prior to the release date.

Soldato
Soldato
Does anyone have a 10% referral code, I've looked everywhere and had no luck. I currently have a S10+ and looking to upgrade but I can't trade in due to my phone having scree burn so thought the 10% code might soften the blow of splashing out on a phone
Do you still need one?
I have some

Soldato
currently on S23U 512GB, have preorder on S24U 512...after all the rebates and discounts it's coming at around 300 and debating whether it's worth it, especially if there is nothing wrong with the S23U. But then it's a really nice toy and I should treat myself...decisions decisions...

Associate
currently on S23U 512GB, have preorder on S24U 512...after all the rebates and discounts it's coming at around 300 and debating whether it's worth it, especially if there is nothing wrong with the S23U. But then it's a really nice toy and I should treat myself...decisions decisions...
Seems like a no brainer for 300 quid. Better battery etc and your warranty starts again...

Back
Top Bottom