Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
Got to hand some praise to Samsung's support teams. I never received the £50 discount code from the unpacked event, bought the phone then remembered about the code. Took 20-25 mins on their live web chat to be given a £50 voucher to spend on their website. Picked up the anti-glare screen protectors and the battery pack. Had to pay an extra few quid, but I was going to buy the screen protectors anyway.

If the S24 Ultra is anything like my S22 Ultra then it's going to need a screen protector. I've never owned a device that scratches as easily. It's brushed off the drops etc with no cracking, but is covered in tiny little scratches presumably off my pocket (which never has anything else in it).
The £50 discount code, would’ve given you a free screen protector and case too

Soldato
when I jumped from S22U Exynos to S23U SD2, I could really feel the difference in battery life, not sure if it'll be that great with S23U to S24U.
I feel like there's almost no significant improvements this time around (even considering the upgrade price)

Man of Honour
Remember a camera update is due tomorrow, so expect all these early "reviews" to be updated with new reviews. Bad for press, but good for content creators who are gaining ad revenue I guess. It's also unclear if any of these reviewers are using the best settings to get the best quality video. Like Camera Assistant and video settings for the higher bitrate quality settings which are not on by default typically, and the use of EIS which is on by default which degrades the video recording quality quite a bit by adding juddering and cropping in the FOV so any noise etc is slightly amplified more.

Last edited:
Associate
Remember a camera update is due tomorrow, so expect all these early "reviews" to be updated with new reviews. Bad for press, but good for content creators who are gaining ad revenue I guess. It's also unclear if any of these reviewers are using the best settings to get the best quality video. Like Camera Assistant and video settings for the higher bitrate quality settings which are not on by default typically, and the use of EIS which is on by default which degrades the video recording quality quite a bit by adding juddering and cropping in the FOV so any noise etc is slightly amplified more.
I've seen some meltdowns on twitter about how bad the camera is. I still think it looks good BTW. Coming from my fold 3 it's going to be amazing I'm sure!

Soldato
To be expected at this rate, could be worse though, could be like Pixel owners on reddit, swarms of complaints for months for bugs and feeling like being a beta tester for Google :p
Google is weird.. software first company can’t get software right. When I had the 5 it was nice. Well polished etc.. got the 6 and it was so bad I went to the dark side with 13 pro. Trying to get back into it and Samsung seems to be ok. Last sammy I had was s7 :D

Soldato
Soldato
Google is weird.. software first company can’t get software right. When I had the 5 it was nice. Well polished etc.. got the 6 and it was so bad I went to the dark side with 13 pro. Trying to get back into it and Samsung seems to be ok. Last sammy I had was s7 :D
My S23U has been rock solid, can't really remember the last bug I had

Associate
Best video I have seen to show off all the colours including the exclusives.

Thanks

Black actually looks like Apple space grey
Grey looks nearly white
Yellow is subtle, like beige paint
Purple looks the most vivid

Blue exclusive, too subtle again
Green exclusive, too subtle, last year's green was much better
Violet, not bad when the light catches it
Orange, pretty vivid

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom