Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
Honestly surprised Samsung or someone else hasn't mastered backups as well as Apple have been doing for many years, literally the only apps that don't transfer over on iPhones is banking apps, everything else is pretty much a 1 to 1 clone of your old device.
Issue with android is that it will depend on the developer, to enable this.

Soldato
i4pczfO.png

Booooo

Soldato
Is it tho? Not my experience. Took a good amount of faffing to get from 13 to 15.
Put new phone next to old phone, scan wibbly code with camera, wait around 20 minutes and it transfers everything over and if you’re on EE it will also transfer the eSIM over too.

Not sure what faffing you had to do.

I’ve only ever had to register my banking apps again.

Associate
Received my S24U 512gb today too, earlier than expected (quoted 26th). I managed to get in on the £910 code stacking with the free case/protectors and watch. So a pretty good deal.

Phone seems decent enough, although it's amazing how well a Note 10+ 5g holds up in comparison. I've not messed with the camera much yet, but except for refresh rate the screen and general feel are really similar.

I went for the Spigen cases and tempered glass protectors which are coming tomorrow. The Spigen tempered glass ones have been really good for iPhone, so I'm glad you can get them on Samsung now too with the flatter screen.

Last edited:
Associate
Received my S24U 512gb today too, earlier than expected (quoted 26th). I managed to get in on the £910 code stacking with the free case/protectors and watch. So a pretty good deal.

Phone seems decent enough, although it's amazing how well a Note 10+ 5g holds up in comparison. I've not messed with the camera much yet, but except for refresh rate the screen and general feel are really similar.

I went for the Spigen cases and tempered glass protectors which are coming tomorrow. The Spigen tempered glass ones have been really good for iPhone, so I'm glad you can get them on Samsung now too with the flatter screen.

Where did you order the spigen case and glass protectors from? Any links please?

Soldato
I am going from S10+ and will miss it a little, the S10+ was a solid phone, but lack of patches/updates and the fact it's so old is one of the main reasons I've upgraded to the S24 Ultra.

I agree with you so far, it feels very similar to the old one in lots of ways, I'm hoping it does some new stuff I find useful, but it's not a deal-breaker if it doesn't.

Soldato
Where did you order the spigen case and glass protectors from? Any links please?
I got my Spigen case from Amazon.

Has anyone else who uses gestures instead of the bottom buttons found it a bit of a struggle to get used to the new ones? I've been using the phone for hours now and am still frequently accidentally hitting the side 'back' ones and also struggle to get up the app list quickly

Associate
I got my Spigen case from Amazon.

Has anyone else who uses gestures instead of the bottom buttons found it a bit of a struggle to get used to the new ones? I've been using the phone for hours now and am still frequently accidentally hitting the side 'back' ones and also struggle to get up the app list quickly

Have you got links for the screen protector? I cant find the right ones :)

Associate
Just from Spigen direct via Amazon. I chose the Tough Amor case and the 'EZ Fit' tempered glass screen protectors. The case I've had for a couple of phones and it's been good, but the screen protectors I've found particularly good as they come with a frame to fit them with, and have the glassy feel of a real screen vs the standard flexible protectors.

Back
Top Bottom