Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
First impressions moving(attempting) from iPhone 15 pro.

Good:

Android with Samsung UI seems to be well polished, not spotted any bugs etc

Build quality is good, phone feels great in the hand

Speakers, really decent happy with these.

Face unlock and fingerprint are good, I can only compare to pixel 6 but that was awful. This is perfectly usable and works well.

Meh(still early days):

Camera : in anything but perfect light its so noisy and colours are not great.. comparing to 15 pro it doesn't hold up - waiting for those updates here

Smoothness : there's minor stuttering in areas that can get a bit annoying, again this is coming from ios so android to android you may not see it but latest iOS to this, the fluidity between things is not there sadly

I'm going to hold on to it for a week or two and see how it performs over that time and decide if I'm switching back to android. I really want to get back in the free world but I've tried two androids now and sent them back so fingers crossed on the s24u.

Soldato
Transferring Whatsapp is a joke. Backup incluiding videos takes so long from old phone. Havent even got a chance to put the sim in my new one yet
even worse ios to android..

the transfer doesn't work at all.

it goes the "transfer to android" in settings.. prepares the chats and says "continue on your android, it'll tell you when to unplug the usb cable" - what cable? where did you ask me to plug it in, where/how the android knows ?

essentially.. I can't transfer my chats. Had to start fresh. I hate whatsapp for that.

Soldato
can you not just do a backup to google drive or whatever?

Mine is taking so long as there is 20gb+ of it
nope.. Icloud only and on android you can't restore it from icloud.

its a dumb system, I'm trying again using the usb c cable and the switch app and it seems to be attempting it this time. it would not stay connected last time.

Associate

Good:

Face unlock and fingerprint are good, I can only compare to pixel 6 but that was awful. This is perfectly usable and works well.

Meh(still early days):

Camera : in anything but perfect light its so noisy and colours are not great.. comparing to 15 pro it doesn't hold up - waiting for those updates here

Smoothness : there's minor stuttering in areas that can get a bit annoying, again this is coming from ios so android to android you may not see it but latest iOS to this, the fluidity between things is not there sadly

I'm going to hold on to it for a week or two and see how it performs over that time and decide if I'm switching back to android. I really want to get back in the free world but I've tried two androids now and sent them back so fingers crossed on the s24u.

Thanks for the camera update. It sounds like it really needs that update sooner rather than later. All these YouTube reviews put in so much effort and have to take with a pinch of salt as to are they hyping it up without these updates and then another video to roll with the updates to give their 1 month later, 3 month later spiel on them.

W50

W50

Associate

Good:

Meh(still early days):

Doesn't sound too promising about the camera, as I thought they had improved noise and low light levels!?
How have you found the shutter speed Vs the iPhone?

Soldato
even worse ios to android..

the transfer doesn't work at all.

it goes the "transfer to android" in settings.. prepares the chats and says "continue on your android, it'll tell you when to unplug the usb cable" - what cable? where did you ask me to plug it in, where/how the android knows ?

essentially.. I can't transfer my chats. Had to start fresh. I hate whatsapp for that.
I use a third party tool from WonderShare that does a much better job and doesn't require a fresh install. Just done it now to move WhatsApp from 15PM to S24U, all done within 20 mins.

Associate
Doesn't sound too promising about the camera, as I thought they had improved noise and low light levels!?
How have you found the shutter speed Vs the iPhone?
It's interesting observation on the camera, I've been taking side by sides against my Pixel 8 pro and happy with that it's producing so far, there can be differences where one comes out better then the other but this is shot dependent , what I would say is the PIxel 8 pro is more consistent more of the time and it won't miss that photo of your kids when they are moving, I've managed to get some stunning photos with Samsung phones over the years.

my biggest grip has been shutter lag and colour saturation, shutter lag appears better but until I get some moving shots I cannot be 100% (definitely faster then the s23U) the colours appears more accurate to real life but once again time will tell. Ultimately both will and can produce amazing shots. Will be interesting to see what is possible with camera updates, I found Samsung to be great at getting updates out wit the S23 U and before

Reactions: W50
Associate
My move last night from my S21 Ultra to S24 Ultra went without a hitch, very impressed so far.

Keeping the watch too, I had an old watch 3 that was a bit beat up and showing it's age.

Associate
So I had worried about this but I've now had a bit of time with the phone and moving from my Fold 3 I'm a little underwhelmed.

The main reason for a move was the cameras which are obviously better but I think I am so used to the advantages of a folding form factor that this currently seems a bit meh.

I will persevere and see how I get on

Back
Top Bottom