Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
It is, even on Pixel the experience isn't perfect if you use a third party launcher with gestures.
But some have had it fixed, like Sony. On Xperia the animation does the correct "shrink into the app icon" thing when swiping home from an app. Just a standard animate downwards thing on my Samsung. Doesn't bother me though, but the delay before I can tap an app does slightly!
Does it on the Pixel. Shrink into app icon.

Soldato
Yeah that makes sense. I do keep my phone clear of garbage facebook, tik tok & all that stuff.

Anyhow too late now it's flattened & just rebuilding now.
Be interesting if you see any difference in screen

(as people reporting some potential link between smartswitch and dull screens)

Soldato
I don't see how using smartswitch creates a dull screen, it's just an app :p

I used it btw and there's no dull screen at all, natural mode, true colour tone mode activated too.
I'm with you on that mate, I can't process the logic haha - just what I've read online

Associate
Be interesting if you see any difference in screen

(as people reporting some potential link between smartswitch and dull screens)
I didn't notice a dull screen before?

I have my screen set to Vivid - advanced settings White Balance then I turn the Red & Green down to 0.

I like a nice cool screen

Soldato
Colour profiles might get bugged out when a setting is changed, I mean the screen appears capable of showing content nicely, just sometimes it doesn't.

Smart switch from specific devices may even trigger it.

May not even be related to smart switch at all, could just be a combination of settings that causes it.

Hoping a software patch can address it though, it's usable, but there does seem to be something off with it at times.

Associate
Anyone sent the trade in off yet , I cant find a box so going to just wrap my S23U in a metre of bubblewrap and place in a bag :p
Yep I sent my S23U off the next day. Wasn't going to be sending back the S24U back to Samsung, so off the S23U went.

Gotta admit I really did like that Red & Black combo of the S23U.

Associate
apparentely it was fake news and samsung responded saying "wrong no such thing"
Tbh I'm not sure what the issues are, I'm pretty happy when comparing next to the Pixel 8 pro. Will test more this weekend when I'm out and about.

Few days until the monthly updates so no doubt there will be some bug fixes there, I tim they get more people using the phones they may not be able work out what bugs exist.

I've learnt not to trust a lot of YouTubers , especially the ones that rush out reviews to be first and get the hits, some longer term camera reviews are coming on line and they seem decent enough (not perfect though and there is some tuning to be done)

Man of Honour
It also copies across system pref files, there could be a conflict or a mistake.
Unless the user had a combination of settings before, then this should not happen, plus all the display settings remain the same between OneUI 6 and 6.1, the only new addition being true colour tone.

It will be something else. There is a quickpanel toggle called "extra dim", maybe people accidentally tapped this at some point and didn't realise.

Soldato
Tbh I'm not sure what the issues are, I'm pretty happy when comparing next to the Pixel 8 pro. Will test more this weekend when I'm out and about.

Few days until the monthly updates so no doubt there will be some bug fixes there, I tim they get more people using the phones they may not be able work out what bugs exist.

I've learnt not to trust a lot of YouTubers , especially the ones that rush out reviews to be first and get the hits, some longer term camera reviews are coming on line and they seem decent enough (not perfect though and there is some tuning to be done)
I was mainly referring to some people (it was someone here) saying about noisy night shots / shots that aren't in perfect light being full of noise

Soldato
I was mainly referring to some people (it was someone here) saying about noisy night shots / shots that aren't in perfect light being full of noise
That was me. I've been playing around more and it's very inconsistent. Many shots come out very dark too.. post processing because before clicking the shutter the shot looks good

Back
Top Bottom