Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
Has anyone sent off their watch to envirofone yet? How did you package it? I was going to send the whole box as it came from Samsung but envirofone supply their own box designed for a phone
I sent it off as it came from Samsung in the longish box and just put it in a seperate big envelope

Soldato
Sent it to them using the box Samsung sent it in, wrapped in bubble wrap, inside a poly bag.

This is for my wife though, I'm sticking with a S23 (baby size) after getting sick of the bulk of the S22U. I do like the anti-reflective screen on the S24U though. Kind of hoping I can pick up some screen protectors that can do that for the S23.

Soldato
Re the smartswitch issue:
It's probably caused by transferring from a device running OneUI 5 (or previous) to OneUI 6.

Had this on both the S22 and Tab S8 when upgrading (on device)- something just seems to get borked in the change.

Associate
The more muted screen on the S24 is taking a bit of getting used to coming from an S22. ANyone else having issues connecting to the Galaxy store? It works on 4/5G, but not wifi.

Man of Honour
The more muted screen on the S24 is taking a bit of getting used to coming from an S22. ANyone else having issues connecting to the Galaxy store? It works on 4/5G, but not wifi.
My store would not connect but this afternoon I had a phone notification from the store for app updates. It is now working.

Soldato
It's probably caused by transferring from a device running OneUI 5 (or previous) to OneUI 6.

Had this on both the S22 and Tab S8 when upgrading (on device)- something just seems to get borked in the change.
I went from ios to s24 and the muted screen issue is here too.. very obvious next to iphone.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
yup default and a bit annoying. I can see why but it bothers me :D
Definitely annoying, feels like some sort of manufacturing defect :p don't think it's a return worthy issue but I'll see how it is with a case on when it arrives.

First impression is that it feels soo much better in the hand than S23U. Feels more premium, makes the S23U feel plasticky which is crazy.

I have to say I'm underwhelmed by the grey colour, it's more like a shade of white. Wish I ordered the purple instead.

Associate

I don't think so, my S22U was on OneUi 6 when I transferred.

Associate
I don't suppose anyone has come across any generic Samsung discount codes through the S24 order process? I don't actually want to order an S24, but I'm looking at ordering a tab s9 ultra and wouldn't mind getting a couple of quid off :)

Soldato
My other half has just had her S24+ delivered and she’s really disappointed with the washed out colours in comparison to her S22. Is this just the way the screen is or is there likely to be a software fix?

Associate
I don't suppose anyone has come across any generic Samsung discount codes through the S24 order process? I don't actually want to order an S24, but I'm looking at ordering a tab s9 ultra and wouldn't mind getting a couple of quid off :)
Quidco raised their cashback amount back up to 10% for mobiles/tablets/wearables after the early pre-order discounts ended.

You might be able to find someone with a january birthday code that gives 15% off they could send you. Only the december birthday code worked on the S24, so a lot of people might have them spare lol.

Otherwise theres a APP5 code which gives 5% if you purchase on their mobile store app, can't be combined with the quidco cashback though.
My other half has just had her S24+ delivered and she’s really disappointed with the washed out colours in comparison to her S22. Is this just the way the screen is or is there likely to be a software fix?
Pretty sure it's software. Just seems like there isn't a Vivid mode working for people who smart switched at the moment, it's perma stuck in natural mode at the moment which clamps the colour gamut so it's accurate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom