Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
Re scrteen

Some chat on here about it you just need to translate

and xda

Massive thread on the Samsung forum about it

Associate
I'm really happy with the display as it's more accurate on colours, the s21/s22 & s23 ultra in vivid were so bright especially with the Reds. Since having my eyes lasered I really didn't like it, the 24U is nice in comparison .

May be a personal thing , the Pixel 8 pro also had good balance on the colours

Soldato
Man of Honour
Oh yeah my EE saga continues into the 3rd day?

They were unable to activate my eSIM, the EE app is the only way you can do it your end, and they started a manual eSIM activation their end and even that would not work.

So they gave up and said just use a physical SIM, they sent one out yesterday as priority DPD, so I SHOULD have got it today by 8PM.

8PM comes and goes.....

Maybe tomorrow? Who knows. I've had no ability to answer calls from people, estate agents etc and who knows how many voicemails are waiting. You'd think the biggest/fastest network in the UK would save some skill points for things like this instead of spending it all on 5G infrastructure.

I'll never go eSIM again lol, more pain than worth dealing with.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh yeah my EE saga continues into the 3rd day?

They were unable to activate my eSIM, the EE app is the only way you can do it your end, and they started a manual eSIM activation their end and even that would not work.

So they gave up and said just use a physical SIM, they sent one out yesterday as priority DPD, so I SHOULD have got it today by 8PM.

8PM comes and goes.....

Maybe tomorrow? Who knows. I've had no ability to answer calls from people, estate agents etc and who knows how many voicemails are waiting. You'd think the biggest/fastest network in the UK would save some skill points for things like this instead of spending it all on 5G infrastructure.

I'll never go eSIM again lol, more pain than worth dealing with.
I had this happen before, quickest solution was for me to go into nearest EE store and was sorted in 30 minutes. By sorted I ended up walking out with a SIM card and never bothered with eSIM again.

Oh if you do go to the store make sure to take some ID, driving license will suffice.

With Voxi now who don't offer eSIM so it's all good. I have a second line with Lebara which I'm using the second SIM slot so yeah.

I'm off to Korea soon and will use an LG eSIM there.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yup definitely sticking with physical SIMs from here on.

Just watching tye MKBHD review and already an error, he says it has 25w wireless charging.

He's also just gone into the AI stuff with no mention that Samsung has confirmed these will be paywalled inext year. There's no telling to what extent tye subscription will apply so it's important to them because with 7 years of support, someone could be in for tye long run, get used to the AI stuff then be told they have to pay for it after already paying 4 figures for tye phone...

Associate
Just sold my Galaxy Watch on eBay, in the end went for £144 with a promoted listing .

Probably better to take the other route for others that haven't sold , by the time you take into account eBay fees and postage I get around £125.

Still with the discount on the phone, watch sale and Disney plus not a bad saving overall especially as my Disney+ expires at the end of the month

Soldato
Yup definitely sticking with physical SIMs from here on.

Just watching tye MKBHD review and already an error, he says it has 25w wireless charging.

He's also just gone into the AI stuff with no mention that Samsung has confirmed these will be paywalled inext year. There's no telling to what extent tye subscription will apply so it's important to them because with 7 years of support, someone could be in for tye long run, get used to the AI stuff then be told they have to pay for it after already paying 4 figures for tye phone...
The ai stuff is alright but not life changing pay walling it will be a stupid idea and a full no sale for me.

Associate
S24 screen is on the LEFT and appears colder bluer compared to the S23 on the RIGHT (all settings the same) if you enable eye comfort it swaps round, the S24 prefers a warmer colour tint compared to the S23

Img-3034.jpg

Caporegime
Yeah there is more noise than the S23 Ultra had, but low light noise did improve on the S23 Ultra too as updates rolled in I remember.

Edit*

Who else has an organised app drawer? :p

HRIvvWi.jpeg

The unfoldered ones are only installed for testing, then gone!

Are you still using a black wallpaper after all these years? Do you not got bored of that? :p

Man of Honour
Black lockscreen BG, black homescreen BG. I don't need no stinking fancypants wallpaper :p

I finally got the EE SIM delivered today, am now able to do a proper speed test, the S23 Ultra on WiFi would max out around 750Mbps down when stood next to the router (WiFi 6 router), however, the 24 Ultra is able to get over 700 from upstairs :cool:

BfHWxeD.jpeg

5G is the same though, 400+ down, ~50 up which is typical for EE. WIll monitor and see how handover between 5G & 4G is on the new Snapdragon modem, the previous one would still consume more battery on 5G as it tried to linger onto 5G even if that signal was far far away and required all its might to hold on to thus adding battery drain instead of switching over to 4G much earlier. Don't think anyone needs such fast 5G anyway, and 4G is over 200Mbps down as it is...

W50

W50

Associate
Just popped in to John Lewis and checked out the S24U. If I went between Vivid and Natural there was definitely a difference and the colour seemed more than bright enough to me. Will be interesting once I get mine and have a play.

Soldato
Just popped in to John Lewis and checked out the S24U. If I went between Vivid and Natural there was definitely a difference and the colour seemed more than bright enough to me. Will be interesting once I get mine and have a play.
I've got no issues with the colours. They are not as vivid as my S22U but they are a lot more realistic. Once they've fixed the bug I might move away from the vivid setting and over to natural.

Soldato
Using a LK glass screen protector and the fingerprint sensor is not great. Have to really press hard and target pressing in the exactly the right place
Not sure what projector I have but it's the same. Need to push hard. I have ordered an official Samsung one and waiting for it to arrive. Will see if it is better

Back
Top Bottom