Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
Any cases that don't have a sharp USB c cut out? May sound silly but the way I hold the phone it cuts into my pinkie and actually hurts after a few minutes lol. Running naked now but I need protection
I have the same problem, had it with my S22U as well. I've found the Spigen Cryo Armour to be quite gentle on the pinkie. I also picked up the Samsung case with the silicone strap which I've used a lot more then I expected to give my pinkie a break.

Associate
Thanks both! Update wasn't showing here either, but manually downloaded and sorted now

Appreciate it!
I think the Navstar update may be region specific, there is no update for me either but from what I'm reading online it hasn't been released everywhere, not sure how you got the update mrk but I'm not seeing it, many people are just downloading the APK for the same reason. ( I haven't installed the APK)

Last edited:
Associate
It just said to update in good lock when viewing the list of modules for Navstar. Someone on Reddit saw exactly the same too so I just updated directly within good lock.
It's strange because when you check the version number in Galaxy Store it shows the extra settings and newer version but my navstar is an older version.
This brings me to another bug I've noticed on and off, when I check the Galaxy Store for updates it has said something about me being in the wrong location, it hasn't done it for a day or two now though.

Associate
Have you checked what region you're set to in android settings and the language pack being used? Should be EN-GB not EN-US!
Yeah just checked, there was an update to the UK language pack but made no difference to Navstar. It's probably some little setting hidden away like they seem to have done with the S24 series.

Soldato
Anyone here got the Samsung device care plans? I can't find any clear info on how many times you can replace the screen under the plan and at what price.

In some countries you have unlimited screen replacements for $29, anyone know what the deal is in UK before I try reach out to CS?

Associate
Anyone here got the Samsung device care plans? I can't find any clear info on how many times you can replace the screen under the plan and at what price.

In some countries you have unlimited screen replacements for $29, anyone know what the deal is in UK before I try reach out to CS?
If you go through the links on the website to buy it eventually you get to a terms and conditions. It seems to be 2 claims in 12 months or 4 in 24.

It's just an insurance product run by a third party I think though and not applecare equivalent. It's talking about having to post your broken phone of to get it repaired.

Soldato

Mine says

Claim excess payable for accidental damage claim: £59.00
Claim excess payable for theft claim: £59.00

All we ask in return is you take good care of your device
If we feel you haven’t done so and you have knowingly put your device at risk then your claim may not be accepted. All our exclusions can be found in the “What you are NOT covered for” section of the terms and conditions.

There is a limit of 2 successful claims that can be made on this policy in each 12-month period, starting from the date
you buy the policy.

Man of Honour
APp on play store called DevCheck, what does it show for others on the battery tab?

Mine shows:

tUdZliy.jpeg

Soldato
Soldato
The same way as always, app properties in android, then click notifications and then notification categories.
This is all I get

Caporegime
I've lost the ability to set custom sounds for certain alerts (Google home doorbell) since s23U on oneUI 5/6.0
Any ideas how I can do this?

I had this when I changed from the S20 to the S22 Ultra and it's the same on the S24 Ultra.

There is no option on samsung to change the alert from the default, either in the 'Nest' or 'Home' app properties.

Associate
is there a watch band in with the free watch? I got the watch today in the longish box but got an email to say a sport band was on its way to me in the week.

Back
Top Bottom