Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
ESR Privacy Protector (S24U) initial thoughts

Installation ease: 10/10

Look of screen: 9/10 - potentially ever so slightly darker than before

Privacy function: 9/10 - at an angle as if someone stood next to you would see, the screen is either pretty much impossible to make out what's on it / tiny bit more angle and it's as if the screen isn't even on

Fingerprint reader: 8/10 - I think it potentially requires a very small amount more pressure than before, but seems to be working fairly well. Re-register all fingers after installation.

There was what appeared to be an adhesion issue in each corner / some tiny bubbles. Pushing these areas fairly hard with a microfiber cloth got rid of this 99% - I'm assuming the rest will go also. Also only visible at certain angles. I'm sure some more massaging with a microfiber cloth will get the remaining 4 tiny dots gone

Overall, for what it costs - would recommend this product

Will edit this original post if my opinion changes after using it for a day or two

EDIT:
1 - I think the bubbles are now gone
2 - Fingerprint sensor definitely not performing as well as before, but still happy with it - just worth noting

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Which clear case did you go for? I am looking for 1 for future. Usually I go for Spigen
Spigen Liquid Crystal.

I usually use a clear case for a few months just to show off the phone colour, but then I switch to an aramid fibre case which are my favourite type. Love that Kevlar look/feel.

Prices are ridiculous for it for the S24U at the moment though so I'll wait till they drop or will order from China when I get round to it.

Soldato
Anyone having trouble with theirs? I've gone from an S22 to a S24 and it will just randomly freeze and restart several times a day - not happy at all. The NFC is also slow to respond on a contactless terminal. Feel like I've got a dud.

Associate
Anyone having trouble with theirs? I've gone from an S22 to a S24 and it will just randomly freeze and restart several times a day - not happy at all. The NFC is also slow to respond on a contactless terminal. Feel like I've got a dud.
Only thing to try is a factory reset if it's rebooting that many times. Before that just try checking if there are any apps causing issues and trying to wipe the system cache.

Soldato
Is there a way to automatically take the phone to your home screen after face unlock instead of having to swipe up?

EDIT Found it.

Last edited:
Associate
It will reboot arbitrability (could be on whatsapp, listening to music, checking emails) so I'm not too sure about the apps. I'll try the system cache though, will that wipe my phone?
It will reboot arbitrability (could be on whatsapp, listening to music, checking emails) so I'm not too sure about the apps. I'll try the system cache though, will that wipe my phone?
No, system cache wipe just gets rid of temp files and clutter etc
I assume you have done this before? as you need to reboot to boot menu

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you Smart Switch to set up your phone? This sounds very similar to problem had after using Smart Switch.

Soldato
Finally managed to put mine into use today but EE have put a stop to things due to an eSim issue! Transferred the eSim twice and although the EE SIM is added, the damn thing won't migrate from my old phone.

I managed to get the Samsung screen protector on 100% ok and although it seems good, like others have said, the sharp edge is annoying. The vegan case is quite disappointing too in terms of protecting the edge of the phone so Caseology Parallax here I come!

Smart Switch copied all the content over but Notes and WhatsApp didn't work quite right and my saved passwords in the browser etc. don't seem to be working either.

Back to the S22U for now and a trip to the EE store tomorrow to pick up a SIM! :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi - yeah I did, seems the easiest way to set up your new phone? What did you end up doing?
I found out there was an issue when copying over a certain app. Think it was gallery app, my memory is a bit hazy, happened a long time ago but it copied it over but didn't overwrite the existing one on the new phone, causing it to crash.

I reset the phone and used Smart Switch again but copied only the essential things.

Associate
Just had a few Galaxy Store updates, realised that Navstar was enabled, so turned it off and checked the store and voila' there is the new update!
I was actually getting used to the Google gestures lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
The edges do get smoother over time or maybe my thumbs have started to lose feeling.
I quite like the feel and responsiveness of it so I think I'll give it a whirl and see how I get on - I think the higher edges of the Caseology case will help too.

Until I can sort out the SIM issue though, my trusty S22U will have to do.

Back
Top Bottom